Sims 3 Supernatural won’t work in game.

by laneyes

Original Post

Sims 3 Supernatural won’t work in game.

★ Novice

So, recently, I’ve bought the Sims 3 Supernatural on Origin. All of the items the cake with the pack work and I can use them in game. I have the option of choosing a sim to be supernatural but once I get into the game, it says the sims aren’t supernatural (vampires don’t have purple needs, the bar around portraits doesn’t show up). No matter how many times I go back into CAS to fix this, or start new games, it never works. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game many times. Is there any way to fix this?? 

Message 1 of 2 (661 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Supernatural won’t work in game.

@laneyes  Did you happen to turn off supernaturals in the game settings?  Even if you didn't, perhaps the option is stuck.  You can go into your game folder (in Documents) and trash the options.ini file, and a new one will spawn when you launch the game again.  Load a new game to test, and if the supernatural states work, they should also now be avaliable in your existing game.

Also, before you try anything else, you should delete the five cache files in your game folder.  They should be cleared regularly even in the absence of game issues, but especially whenever you add (or remove) content from your game.  For reference, the files are:

• CASPartCache.package
  • compositorCache.package
  • scriptCache.package
  • simCompositorCache.package
  • socialCache.package

If the above steps don't help, pull your entire game folder out of Documents and onto your desktop, and try again.  If this works, you may have some corruption in your existing game folder, or maybe a mod that's interfering with occult states.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (653 Views)