Sims 3 Store Specials, Login, and Make Me An Offer Broken

by crys4204e

Original Post

Re: Sims 3 Store Specials, Login, and Make Me An Offer Broken

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I never had any problems with the MMAO page as some people seem to be having. It seemed to work even though I only tried it a couple of times. Rolled the offers fine, had more the next day.

Hadn't thought about the My Page login option. Tried that too and no go. Here's a complete list of what's happening to me:

On PC, Chrome (tried on two different PCs, with cleared cache on both IE, Edge and Chrome):

• Login through My Page tells me my information is wrong.
  • Login through the Login link at the top left works.The pop-up window comes up, accepts the password. Said 'Login' word turns into my user name, but it doesn't display the amount of Simpoints I have on the right as it should. Then the moment I do anything at all, be it refresh the page or browse to an offer, I'm back out with the 'login' link showing instead of my name.
  • Login through any of the quick login pop-ups when I click on for instance a Buy Now offer link works. It logs me in and sends me not to the page relating to the offer I was trying to acquire, but the MMAO page instead. If I try to roll an offer, or browse anywhere else, again I'm no longer logged in.

• Login through the Sims 3 Launcher grants me the 'Not logged in' red message.
  • Login through the game itself grants me the invalid password message.

On Android device:

• Login through the My Page tells me my information is wrong.
  • Login from any other pop-up prompt loads endlessly, and never actually logs me in.
Message 51 of 236 (1,135 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi,

Devil

I'm always having the same problems with MMAO and the weekly specials.

I use Firefox 50.0.2. I cleaned the caches, rebooted.... I tested with Internet Explorer and Chrome same result. I also tested the site at several times throughout the day: nothing done.

Hope, you could you help me too.
Thank you in advance.

Cya
Message 52 of 236 (1,113 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I've also been experiencing this problem since Oct 12th. I've reported it to multiple people multiple times and was always told that "it was being looked into" but this is the first time that I'm seeing any results. I was beginning to worry that the Sims 3 wasn't being supported anymore so thank you so much for putting that fear to rest. It feels so much better to know that you are working on the problem and we will definitely spread the word. Again thank you.

Just to be clear I can log in (most of the time though that issue has happened to me it usually resolves itself in a day or two), MMAO does not work for me at all but it is there if I access the page without being logged in but if I log in it directs me to an error page (exactly as the OP has pictured) and my sales page also looks as the OP has pictured. Gifting is occasionally wonky (won't give item or take simpoints it just sends a message saying that it sent it to the person but sometimes trying again works though it also results in multiple messages sent for the same item and sometimes it does not). Thank you, once more for helping us. What a lovely Christmas present. :eahigh_file:

Edit: I cannot access MMAO on Windows 10, IE11 or Safari (on my phone). I've tried all three, cleared browser caches and all that and still nothing.

Message 53 of 236 (1,090 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

After initially having login problems like everyone else, I've been able to login for several weeks consistently now. But still waiting to get MMAO to work. I use a variety of browsers and operating systems, with the same (non)results.

Message 54 of 236 (1,075 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello. I've also been unable to access MMAO since early October.

Tested on Firefox and Chrome, have cleared cache on both, logged out and then back in, and the problem persists.

Assistance is most welcome!

Message 55 of 236 (1,051 Views)

★★ Novice

@ShawnBreach wrote:

I never had any problems with the MMAO page as some people seem to be having. It seemed to work even though I only tried it a couple of times. Rolled the offers fine, had more the next day.

Hadn't thought about the My Page login option. Tried that too and no go. Here's a complete list of what's happening to me:

On PC, Chrome (tried on two different PCs, with cleared cache on both IE, Edge and Chrome):

• Login through My Page tells me my information is wrong.
  • Login through the Login link at the top left works.The pop-up window comes up, accepts the password. Said 'Login' word turns into my user name, but it doesn't display the amount of Simpoints I have on the right as it should. Then the moment I do anything at all, be it refresh the page or browse to an offer, I'm back out with the 'login' link showing instead of my name.
  • Login through any of the quick login pop-ups when I click on for instance a Buy Now offer link works. It logs me in and sends me not to the page relating to the offer I was trying to acquire, but the MMAO page instead. If I try to roll an offer, or browse anywhere else, again I'm no longer logged in.

• Login through the Sims 3 Launcher grants me the 'Not logged in' red message.
  • Login through the game itself grants me the invalid password message.

On Android device:

• Login through the My Page tells me my information is wrong.
  • Login from any other pop-up prompt loads endlessly, and never actually logs me in.

I've been having this exact same problem with my Sims 3 account. I can log into the Sims 3 Store with my Origin credentials without an issue, but as soon as I navigate to another page, it's like I never logged in at all. I get "invalid login/password" when I try to log in through My Page at thesims3.com (so I can't register the new expansions I got recently), and I can't log in through the launcher either.

I have a feeling that my Sims 3 account and Origin account aren't merged properly, since I've always had similar issues. I just made a new Sims 3 account using a different Origin account and am able to navigate through the Sims 3 site without issue, as well as sign into the launcher, so it's definitely something about this account. If I remember correctly, I made my Sims 3 account and this Origin account completely separately and then later had them merged, so that might be causing problems.

Message 56 of 236 (1,040 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Interesting. I had never considered that but indeed I have recently installed the game again due to a complete PC wipe, and immediately had problems registering the last EP I bought. After waiting for some time (because I had noticed some comments on people whose EPs had taken up to several years to properly show on their pages), it randomly decided to pop up on the list. That's about the same time I started having problems with logging in.

It may indeed be some sort of error between Origin and the Sims 3 site sync.
Message 57 of 236 (1,027 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I also believe that it might have something to do with account syncing because MMAO is available if I am not logged in but it is not available, error page just as the OP pictured, if I am logged in. Now that I'm thinking about it I had a problem with Origin telling me that I do not own SimCity (actually it is still offering to sell it to me and yet I actually have it installed and was assured by tech support that it is registered to my account but I have to use odd filters to see it). Anyway during that solution I was directed by the tech support guy to delete anything concerning Origin and what I own but not the main Origin files and to let Origin repair them. But I was having issues with MMAO and the Sims 3 site before that. The issues with SimCity occurred after Origin updated with its new look and UI. I don't know if there is a relationship there or not.

Message 58 of 236 (965 Views)

★ Novice

Message 59 of 236 (948 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Unable to redeem codes i just bought from origin... 1st one worked without a hitch, next 2 are endlessly loading

Message 60 of 236 (942 Views)