Sims 3 Store Specials, Login, and Make Me An Offer Broken

by crys4204e

Original Post

Re: Sims 3 Store Specials, Login, and Make Me An Offer Broken

★★★★★ Apprentice

Reiterating that this is still an issue with the Sale page still not updated, and the Make Me An Offer not working at all.  (same as poster indicated)  The Welcome tab has been hit or miss over the last two weeks as well.  The Daily Deal appears to be working as intended.

Would be nice to have these features restored.

Thanks!

Message 11 of 236 (1,880 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Still not working, in spite of doing a forced reload.

Am I going to keep posting every two days?  You bet I am.  Especially considering I've got over a thousand points left to spend, and should be able to enjoy the benefits of each of these features.....along with others that have posted since.

Would be nice to have these features restored.

Thanks!

Message 12 of 236 (1,855 Views)

Hero (Retired)

I found this tip so no harm in trying it  try the following

1. Open Internet Explorer
  2. Go to Tools - Internet options - Advanced
  3. Select 'Reset' and check the box 'Delete personal Settings'
  4. Restart IE

Message 13 of 236 (1,582 Views)

★ Apprentice

Wish you luck.  (Truly.  I'm a facetious * but not at the moment)  I accepted that log-ins and mmao were going to be a long fix.  (Equating long with maybe never at this point)  That doesn't explain weekly sales which I don't believe are account specific.  Seems like that issue could have been fixed by now.

This won't help with the deeper issues (can you see the abandoned and betrayed moodlets over our heads?) but the system absolutely would not allow me to log in when I purchased my first ep not long ago.  So I made another account.  Not ideal but it worked.  Since then I've had no trouble using the original account.  But you can't combine points.  Made a wishlist with new account and used old points to purchase those items as "gifts".  Worked out and kept everything mostly on one account.  Then the big fitz last month.  The new account can rarely log in much less purchase or download, while the old works fine including mmao.  So I used it to get items I really wanted.  All purchased content shows up in gameplay regardless of which account I login to game with.  (Hope I didn't just jinx it!)

Truly hope your protest plan bears some fruit.

Message 14 of 236 (1,469 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

The biggest thing that bothers me is that it has been working fine. Someone had to go in and change something. If they plan on abandoning the site they should at least be kind enough to put up a notice, or give us warning so we would have had time to spend our points - and don't tell us "Don't worry, we have one of our best people working on it." EA Customer Support is non-existent these days. It was getting worse for a while now, but this system of nobody to talk to and figure it out amongst yourselves is really disturbing. I have been a loyal EA fan for over a decade now and feel like they no longer care about their customers. Broken heart

Message 15 of 236 (1,443 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@EA_Mai  or @EA_Kristi

any word/insight on this?  please and thank you in advance

Message 16 of 236 (1,435 Views)

★★★ Novice

Admittedly I have some paranoia issues of my own but I don't believe that someone from EA went in to a specific server and deliberately sabotaged certain accounts.  What would be the point?  The only thing I know with certainty about computers and the internet is that stuff goes wrong and breaks.  And face it, this site is a monster (huge and complex--not monstrous).  We have a right to be upset about the state of our store accounts and inability to use them but try not to take it personally.  I never played ts2 but understand that EA took care of those that did when the site shut down.  Maybe its naïve but I'm sure that they'll take care of us too.  It may just take awhile.

Message 17 of 236 (1,381 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

And still not working.

Can this please be fixed?

Message 18 of 236 (1,378 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I don't think it's an account specific problem or that EA is targeting individuals lol I do believe that they have quit maintaining their site that has not been updated for years and worked just fine and all of a sudden something has changed on two separate pages (Sale! and Make Me an Offer) so that says to me that someone must have adjusted something somewhere for these to quit working as they have for several years now or that they have decided to abandon the site and gradually shut it down a little at a time. I have done my due diligence and called EA a couple of times. The first rep said there were no other people reporting issues with the site and the second time I called the rep said they were aware of the problems with the Sims3 site and were working on them. This was well over 2-3 weeks ago now and nothing has changed. It generally does not take a big name like EA more than a few days to fix an error or bug on their websites.

Message 19 of 236 (1,352 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi, just wanted to say that I'm experiencing the same problems too. It's true for my account across multiple computers and browsers. Clearing the cache also does not work.

Message 20 of 236 (1,350 Views)