Re: Sims 3 Store Specials, Login, and Make Me An Offer Broken

by jmpf916

Original Post

★★ Novice

I'm having the issue as well! My MMAO page makes the offer however if I try to buy it says I don't have the simpoints however it says in the top right I have over 1,300 simpoints. I just bought the Monte Vista & Hidden Springs world bundle on origin today and I've tried to redeem it both on chrome and edge around 40 times now. The codes just load and load until the session times out. Please someone help or it's gonna be $20 down the drain!!!

Message 91 of 236 (878 Views)

★★★★ Novice

All was going well until today.  I can't log into the launcher again to get my store downloads.

Lord help me.

Message 92 of 236 (850 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@ThexPrixie Is your computer a pc or mac? If your computer is a pc did you clear the browsing history in IE (Internet Exlorer)? Not the browser you use but IE.

Message 93 of 236 (842 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I've done all that and more, restarted, cleared cache etc...

The only thing that fixes it is posting here or chatting with EA.

Message 94 of 236 (840 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@jmpf916 I just tried MMAO and it worked for me. Some time ago the store was having issues in certain areas of the world and I have no knowledge if it has been corrected. What antivirus/malware are you using? This could be an ISP issue.

Message 95 of 236 (830 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm in the same boat. I've invested a lot in the Sims franchise (not my proudest, but I love it) and for everything to slowly deteriorate is disturbing. With so many loyal customers and so many people trying to have their voices heard, one would think EA would hop on it. I've noticed these problems since October, I'm unsure if there was any before since I take breaks from time to time, and I have contacted support myself with no help/change. Although I am entirely sure it has nothing to do with specific accounts. Possibly just old accounts being disrupted? It wouldn't be an insane assumption, I've had mine since 2012 (Not to mention the many accounts beforehand. Haha.). Anyways, we can only hope EA will jump on this soon since they have already given too many empty promises.

Message 96 of 236 (816 Views)

★★ Novice

I bought those the other day myself! Monte Vista finally popped up, but Hidden Springs won't let me use the code period. My Sims Points showed over 2k beforehand. Not sure what the heck is happening EA..

Message 97 of 236 (812 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@baileyraney  If you've already purchased the new items through the store, then there shouldn't be any 'code' involved...

Open the Origin client, and load the S3 launcher, then click the downloads tab on the left side of the launcher....if your newly purchased city(s) don't appear in the download section of your launcher yet, then...

Simultaneouly, open your browser to thesims3.com store, log into your store account, and go to 'purchase history.'  Once you get to your purchase history, it should show that you've already purchased the new city(s) there.  Click the check box next to the download button under the city that you've said you already purchased, then click the download button.

At the same time, you should see this new purchase load to your launcher's download section, then you can install it through the launcher, no 'codes' involved.

Message 98 of 236 (802 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have no problems with logging in, almost. If I open chrome in the incognito mode I can come to MMAO, but when I try to log in I can't. And if I log in on the main page, I can't open MMAO. So, MMAO is down for me too. 

Message 99 of 236 (776 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I'm also still having the same issues plus more on top. When I have several items in my basket I cant purchase them at once, because it will say there is not enough simpoints but there is, so I have to purchase everything separate. Also, I don't ever get notifications or emails when I have been given a gift. Very annoying. MMAO hasn't worked in like 3 months for me and I'm rarely seeing any ads these days.

How are we getting this fixed??

Message 100 of 236 (770 Views)