Re: Sims 3 Store Specials, Login, and Make Me An Offer Broken

by ThexPrixie

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

@jude525 When i bought my first set of points, I wasn't aware at all that the system was broken.  I was able to access the site perfectly fine and shop around with no issues.  The issues didn't start until AFTER my purchase.  The rep "fixed" my issue by resetting my password so I did a test purchase for $10 and it broke it again.

Rest assured, I'm not going to buy points ever again from the Sims Store, even if they claim everything is fixed.  I had to top off to use all my points that I've had laying around forever.

I just wanted the fruit stand  T_T

Message 71 of 236 (1,056 Views)

★ Novice

Make Me an Offer isn't working for my account and hasn't been since October. Like everyone else, the page only loads for me when I am not logged in and gives me an error message as soon as I'm logged in to the store. My Store account username is elphieluvr, same as my EA ID. I would really like this problem fixed.

Message 72 of 236 (1,046 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@ThexPrixie if there is any other stuff you want, don't hesitate to grab it with the SponsorPay system. After all, if it's free, then it isn't a big deal if the system fails. I own most of the store at this point and the only thing I've paid out of pocket for was a few worlds. If you ever really want to get into getting the biggest bang for your buck in the store, hop on over to DAILY DEAL (DD) ROTATION AND SALES HELP where you can get all sorts of tips on how and WHEN to pick up what you want for the lowest price. Don't know if you know, but the Daily Deal is on a fixed rotation and the whole thing is available in a spreadsheet. We're a fun group and chat as much about gameplay as about shopping tips.

Also, my personal advice these days: make sure and download a copy of what you do own and back it up for safe keeping, just in case. Although the purchasing system is wonky, I do believe Origin intends to keep the content that we've bought available to download for the foreseeable future. But better safe than sorry.

Message 73 of 236 (1,045 Views)

★ Novice

So I've been unable to load MMAO since mid October.  Whenever I attempt it, I get the "Be Right Back" message.  Not only that, but if I wanted to buy SimPoints--I'm unable to do so.  When I click the link to buy them, I'm taken to an Origin page that's blank aside from the menu on the left.

My username on The Sims 3 site is JovialJoy.  And I've had my account since May 9th, 2010.  I've tried chatting with EA about the problem, but no one ever comes to help.  I also tried @AskEASupport through Twitter, but no one ever responded to my Tweet.

Message 74 of 236 (1,028 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I am also having problems with Make Me an Offer. Just like the others when I am not logged in it comes up fine but as soon as I do log in the page switches to the BRB screen. My store account name is mailin32

Message 75 of 236 (995 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@jude525 Holy *, thanks.

An update: After talking with a rep and having my password reset (twice) the site stopped working for me again.  I logged in yesterday and it's fine, checked just right now and everything is still working fine.  I'm wondering if maybe putting in a ticket makes them force link your origin account and sims 3 account properly?  

If you're having issues, maybe message them in the EA chat, tell them the issue and have them do a password reset.  Maybe it'll work for you guys too.

Message 76 of 236 (981 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@ThexPrixie I've been told that EA is actually working their way through this thread and resolving people's accounts, so your presence here may have been what made the difference for you.

For the record, no, MMAO doesn't work for me anymore either, but I've kinda but talking trash here, so not sure that the EA reps are gonna put me at the top of their lists. But in case they are the forgiving type:

My Sims store account is JoeJude16. I can sign on, make purchases, gift items, receive gifts, download owned items all fine. Only MMAO is not working for me. And of course the sale page, but that's everyone. So if it's something you can fix I'd be grateful. And it is Christmas.

Message 77 of 236 (965 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@ThexPrixie if you do get over to the Sims 3 forum, look for me. I'm JoeJude16 over there.

Message 78 of 236 (963 Views)

★★ Novice

I think you're right, @jude525. I can confirm that my account is working perfectly now, and I didn't post anywhere else or contact EA directly. MMAO, My Page, the Store, etc. are all working as intended, and I was able to register the rest of my EPs successfully. Thank you, and good luck to everyone else having issues!

Message 79 of 236 (958 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same problems with my account. MMAO broken and other store issues since October. Checking in here because I heard EA was fixing accounts listed in this thread. My store account name is annatronic. Thanks.

Message 80 of 236 (923 Views)