Re: Sims 3 Store Specials, Login, and Make Me An Offer Broken

by MaxisBazajaytee

Original Post

Highlighted

EA Sims Team

This particular issue has affected a small number of players and while we will be able to fix your access relatively quickly, we will be looking into what causes the problem in the longer term.

If you happen to know others who have this problem please have them post here or get their Origin name so we can look at their account and get them going again too.

I see you posted a link to this thread on Reddit too, thank you for that crys4204e.

Message 31 of 236 (1,164 Views)

★★ Novice

I have been having this problem since the 26th of October. I placed a status asking if anyone else was having the same problem on the 27th. I decided to check on it today and it's STILL down. Not to mention the fact that they're reusing the same products on the weekly sale items. Now that Sims 4 is out, it seems they're trying to push everyone in that direction, unfortunately. Problem with that is as time goes on and they stop putting out updates for 3, the software will become obsolete. It's kind of the way Apple works with their technology. Sadly, with it being over a month, I doubt it will be fixed.

Message 32 of 236 (1,156 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

The site problems has been an issue for everybody who uses Make Me an Offer and the Sale portion of the store. Thank you for looking into this.

Message 33 of 236 (1,139 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have also been unable to access MMAO for over a month now. I've been watching the forums for updates regarding the issue, thank you for replying here. It's nice to know that the issue is on your radar and steps are being taken to fix it.

Message 34 of 236 (1,130 Views)

★ Apprentice

Down to checking about once per week to see if I can log in.  As of today Its still an issue.  At least I can log in here on answers hq  though that was also an issue two days ago.

Thanks and best luck to you.

Message 35 of 236 (1,115 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@MaxisBazajaytee Thank you!  Thank you!  Thank you for looking into this.

For those following along, there's also a thread on the forums regarding these same issues here:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/902260/cant-login-to-sims-3-store-weekly-specials-have-no...

I did post some previous information/differences I encountered between using IE and Chrome, but as Bazajaytee mentioned, the MMAO isn't available using either browser, nor has the store Sale page been updated YET.

Hopefully, we'll have a resolution soon.

EDIT:  Also, fwiw, I'm not having any issues logging into that site using either browser.  My "thing" was primarily that the MMAO and Sale page weren't functioning as they should.

EDIT 2:  I also cross posted to the forums through thesims4.com, because there's an additional thread over there with folks having the same issues.  I tried to post a link back here (as part of MaxisBazajaytee's post) but all I could post was a brief folder/thread path, as it wouldn't allow me to post a link.  Was just trying to help with combining the disjointed threads.

Message 36 of 236 (1,103 Views)

★ Novice

I also cannot access MMAO, and the sales have not updated for me since October 12. My Sims 3 ID is different than my Origin. On Sims 3, I am simsfanatic9. Thank you.

Message 37 of 236 (1,082 Views)

★ Novice

Ditto for me. No MMAO access since October, although I've been able to log in through the "My Page" web login (direct login doesn't work).

If you could have a look at my account, that would be much appreciated.

I take it the frozen weekly specials are yet another thing, though?

Message 38 of 236 (1,073 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

This is happening to me too. I have been playing the Sims 3 for a decent amount of time but only recently decided to actually take to the online side of it. I've been sitting on the daily offers page most of my day, checking in whenever I can for some fine deals. After all, I seem to have several thousand Simpoints to spend.

However about 4 days ago I began having trouble logging in. I can't log in through mobile, the page just loads endlessly. I CAN login on PC, but it will immediately kick me out the moment I click any link making any and all purchases impossible. I also cannot log in from the launcher or the game itself, it will simply pop up a small red notice saying 'not logged in' and this will go on forever, no matter how many times I try. It's a shame too, because I was starting to enjoy hunting for badges.

I have changed my password. I have cleared my cache and data across several devices. It's not a problem on my end when it all worked flawlessly a week ago, and I have made no changes here since. So this is me, adding my name to the roll of people begging to have this problem fixed.

Message 39 of 236 (1,060 Views)

EA Sims Team

This should be sorted now, can you try accessing Make Me An Offer now?

Thanks

Message 40 of 236 (1,031 Views)