Re: Sims 3 Store Specials, Login, and Make Me An Offer Broken

by MaxisBazajaytee

Original Post

★★★★★ Apprentice

I'd totally agree with what @lrush573 posted, and also @crys4204e's point about it never taking EA longer than a few days to get a fix in for these types of things. Being a part of any kind of production team can often unwittingly lead to various changes that players are not aware of, so I'm not subscribing to the whole 'torches and pitchforks' approach like we all see way too often.

Given that they're still allowing the purchase of Sims3 points via the Origin client among others, then we could perhaps venture a guess that this isn't quite the end of the site entirely, because allowing those purchases and not delivering takes them down an entirely different road with its own clean-up crew if it doesn't happen.

That said, as a customer, I'd really like to see these afore mentioned features restored to the site, because there appears to be many beyond just myself that still have points to spend there.  And while we could just spend the points on what's available currently, we should still have a shot at those sale point breaks and bundled deals via MMAO as were previously available.

"Fix please?" the voice echoed, quickly followed by the overwhelming chirp of crickets.

Message 21 of 236 (986 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

How did you buy them? I tried to buy simpoints, but couldn't. I was redirected to origin, where I couldn't find anything about it. 

Message 22 of 236 (962 Views)

★ Novice

I too was sent ot the origins site I had to type in the search bar on origins Sims 3 points then it took me there and I was able to purchase them Hope that helps

Message 23 of 236 (951 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

You can collect free sim points by watching videos too. Watch for the blue banner on the left under the STORE category that says Get Bonus SimPoints!

Message 24 of 236 (945 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

16 days since the original post here (not including prior posts) and still nothing but crickets.

Can we please get someone to fix the sims3.com store and MakeMeAnOffer page?

Message 25 of 236 (930 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Seems like EA is going along with every other company these days. They have gotten rid of all forms of productive customer service where you get to speak with real people on that ancient device called a phone. Now your only option is to leave a message in a forum with other helpless consumers and hope an admin gets to your problem eventually. I am so ready to boycott EA and every other company that has nixed phone support for useless help forums. We paid for these games and deserve decent customer service.

Message 26 of 236 (962 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I don't know that I'd go that far.  I've had to call EA twice, and speaking with their customer service rep was a complete joy.  Not only did they take the extra time to help me with a specific problem, but it made me wish for a similar CS experience with everyone going forward.

Now that I'm done sucking up.....

Could someone please fix the Sims3.com store and update the Sale and MMAO  page, please please?

(Hey, it was worth a shot!)

Message 27 of 236 (946 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

They used to have amazing customer service, when you could just call and speak with a rep. Now the system they have in place does not allow you to speak with anybody over the phone and your only option is to leave messages on a forum that doesn't get answered. That is my point. I loved EA when they actually responded to their customers and had a valid form of communication. I feel completely shirked with this new system.

Message 28 of 236 (940 Views)

EA Sims Team

Just wanted to let you all know that we are aware of this situation and your reports and are going to look at your accounts so you can get back to the offers.

In this thread, there are a couple of different issues being mentioned which we'll be looking at but some can potentially be resolved by trying the following.

• Close The Sims 3
  • Open Internet Explorer (even if it isn't your normal/default browser)
    • If you have Windows 10, quick way to do this is open EDGE, then click the menu and select Open with Internet Explorer. That will open IE11 for you to clear the browser cache. Deleting the cache of EDGE will not resolve any problems with TS3 login.
  • Click the cog icon in the top right
  • Select Internet Options
  • On the GENERAL tab under Browsing History click DELETE
  • Make sure all options are selected except for "Preserve favorites website data"
  • Load The Sims 3 and log in

The steps above won't resolve the Make Me An Offer and Specials. Only potentially the login issues.

With regards to SimPoints, they are now sold through Origin. Simply log in to Origin using the same email and password you use at www.thesims3.com.

You can also find them here - https://www.origin.com/search?searchString=SimPoints.

Message 29 of 236 (928 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Thank you for the reply and looking into this problem. I know there are a lot of new and old users that still use the site. I hope it gets worked out soon since it has been down for over a month and a half now. We really appreciate the response! 

Message 30 of 236 (917 Views)