Re: Sims 3: Starts loading and then stops loading

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

★ Apprentice

@puzzlezaddict when I quit the game and plugged in my ethernet cord and put Origin back online so I could download the pack I noticed they all already downloaded so I kept in my ethernet cord just to give it a try and this time it's really slow. 

My step dad isn't here and won't be here for hours ...  So what do I do??

Message 51 of 55 (459 Views)

@SparkleQueen2142  While still online, go to your Origin library, right-click on the Sims 3 icon, and select Repair Game.  When it's done, restart your computer, sign into Origin, take your computer offline, press play, and in the launcher, check the Expansions and Stuff tab.  It should list every pack you've installed.  Make sure all the boxes are checked, and those packs should load.

If the launcher doesn't list your installed packs, try clearing Origin's cache.  If that doesn't work, you'll need to uninstall Origin ("the hard way") and reinstall it.  Packs disappearing from the launcher is not uncommon, and it should be fixable.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/manually-uninstalling-origin/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 52 of 55 (2,706 Views)

★ Apprentice

@puzzlezaddict Should I unplug my Ethernet cord because that's what made it fast the last time.

Message 53 of 55 (442 Views)

@SparkleQueen2142  Yes.  Even if Origin itself is in online mode, the game will "call home," so to speak, to EA servers as long as it has a connection.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 54 of 55 (435 Views)

★ Apprentice

@puzzlezaddict it's all there but I'm just going to press play to see how the mods do

Message 55 of 55 (428 Views)