Re: Sims 3: Starts loading and then stops loading

by SparkleQueen2142

Original Post

★ Apprentice

yes, I have nothing but the nobuildsparkles in yet because I'm excited but scared to put stuff in..

Message 31 of 55 (481 Views)

@SparkleQueen2142  Okay, that looks good.  Is NoBuildSparkles listed at the Main Menu?  Does it work in-game?  You can enter a random house and try building; it will be obvious if the "sparkles" aren't there.

If the mod works, try adding just one NRaas mod to Packages, and delete scriptCache.package.  Then load the game and see if the mod shows.  Pick a sim to be active, then click on City Hall, and you should see an entry labeled NRaas in addition to the other options.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 32 of 55 (473 Views)

★ Apprentice

@puzzlezaddict Ok, The mods do not show up in the pop up, in fact there is no pop up but I will try to play and see if it works in game

Message 33 of 55 (471 Views)

★ Apprentice

@puzzlezaddict There were no sparkles so though the mod pop up didn't show up, it seems to be working. Which Nraas mod would you like me to try???

Message 34 of 55 (466 Views)

@SparkleQueen2142  That's strange that nothing popped up at the Main Menu.  But if that's the only issue, it's not a big deal.

I'm forgetting which mods you wanted to add.  But if MasterController is on the list, that's a good one to try.  It's complex but doesn't do anything unless you give it a command.  And its menu will appear on any sim or in-game computer (and other places too), so you should be able to see very easily if it's there.  Just make sure to get the base mod, rather than one of the add-ons, which won't work on their own.

Message 35 of 55 (460 Views)

★ Apprentice

@puzzlezaddict is NRaas_MasterControllerCheats.package a basemod one??? otherwise I'll give you a list of mods that I want to put in game if you tell me it's not.

Message 36 of 55 (456 Views)

@SparkleQueen2142  MasterController Cheats is in fact an add-on; it won't work unless you have the base mod in place.

By all means, please do list the mods you plan on installing.  But if for the ones that are a bit mature-themed (think the W mod from NRaas), just list their initials or talk around them; we're not allowed to mention those by name here.

Message 37 of 55 (450 Views)

★ Apprentice
Message 38 of 55 (448 Views)

@SparkleQueen2142  Okay, this may be the source of your issue.  You have a few add-on modules for MasterController, and several more for Careers, but not the base mods for either one.  None of the add-ons will work unless the base is there too, although that doesn't always cause outright crashing.

What I would suggest is that you install only the MasterController base, then if it works, add only the MC add-ons, then only the Careers base, then only the Careers add-ons, then your other NRaas mods.  Be sure to delete scriptCache each time you add anything.  If your game still works with all the NRaas mods in place, right-click on your TS3 game folder and copy the entire thing, then paste it onto your desktop.  You know this is a working game folder, so you can always go back to it if things go wrong later.

For the rest of your .package files, you should add maybe half a dozen at a time and test the game, then add more.  I'm not familiar with most of them, so I can't tell you off the top of my head whether they all work, or how well.  Be sure to delete all five cache files from your game folder (not just scriptCache) each time you add a batch of .package files, since it looks like at least some of them are custom content.

Message 39 of 55 (436 Views)

★ Apprentice

@puzzlezaddict I got master controller base mod and I put it in, I have been using stopwatch to time these because time was kind of a problem I had for example I just out in the base mod and I've been waiting...  30 minutes and it's on a black screen after loading everything pretty much except the initial loading screen. 

Message 40 of 55 (419 Views)