Re: Sims 3: Starts loading and then stops loading

by SparkleQueen2142

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@puzzlezaddict @@@My game is unreliable it seems it used to be able to hold some mods a ton of custom content and about five expansion packs at a time. Now, yes it crashed right after the intro. I have nothing else but Sims running I tried testing it without even expansion  Packs even though let's be honest I'm not gonna play without them. I tested it without mods too and I deleted cache

I tested it two times. 

Test 1- no mods- no exp packs- I took the mods folder out of the game before         

Black screen. 

Test 2- no mods- no exp packs- I deleted cache before

Black screen. 

Message 11 of 55 (681 Views)

@SparkleQueen2142  Okay, but have you removed your entire TS3 game folder from Documents, so that inside Documents\Electronic Arts, there's nothing at all?  And can you still not even get to the Main Menu?  It's really important to remove the entire folder because any number of files could be corrupt in there, and rather than sort through all of them, this "clean folder test" will take care of everything at once.

(And of course I don't expect you to play without your packs, but you're right that it's better to disable them while troubleshooting.)

If you still can't get to the Main Menu even after removing your game folder, it's worth troubleshooting Origin itself.  Clear Origin's cache, then launch the game again. (Remember to remove your game folder again.)  Try running Origin in offline mode as well.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

If that doesn't help, uninstall Origin (the hard way), and then reinstall it, remove your game folder again, and try to launch, again in offline mode.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/manually-uninstalling-origin/

Finally, do you have an antivirus or firewall running?  If so, which one?  Try setting exceptions for Origin and TS3.  There are a few tools that don't work well with EA products, but it's not always obvious that that's what's happening until you take steps to prevent it.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 12 of 55 (672 Views)

★ Apprentice

@puzzlezaddict @@Uninstalling Origin didn't work but I tried removing the file again and it worked. To be honest I think I did it wrong last time. Either that or it saved like a back up because when I deleted it last time there popped up a few files that were named some stuff I don't remember a time and maybe a date like I said I don't remember

But good news, it's finally running. Now I just gotta get all my mods back in and CC too. BUT I think I'm going to do that through out the week. Wanting to play Sims and not able to is torture. 

Message 13 of 55 (661 Views)

@SparkleQueen2142  I hear you—not being able to play is tough.  If you add a few mods and the game starts crashing again, and you identify one or more .package files that reliably cause the crashes, you might look into whether the mods were ever updated for patch 1.67.  (Other than the few core mods, all mods that work for 1.67 will work for 1.69 and vice versa.)  Having an outdated mod can cause crashes, as can a few combinations that don't work well together.

Anyway, if you run into any more trouble, feel free to ask for more help.

Message 14 of 55 (658 Views)

★ Apprentice

@puzzlezaddict hey, I've been busy so I haven't been online but I just got on today. I started with my mods and didn't get very far. The mods/packages that come with the Resource.cfg and overrides folder, Nobuildsparkles and Nointro. I put those two mods in along with the overrides folder and .Cfg and now my screen goes black again

Message 15 of 55 (597 Views)

@SparkleQueen2142  Just to clarify, your game loads up fine without any mods, but when you add them, it doesn't load?  After you added the mods framework, did you delete the scriptCache.package from your game folder?  (You can delete it again; it regenerates each time you load the game.)  Also, how long did you wait before force-quitting or otherwise giving up?

You could try removing nointro and leaving nobuildsparkles in place, deleting scriptCache again of course; see if that makes any difference.

Also, are you still working with a completely clean folder, or are you using the old game folder that you had before your current issues started?  If it's the latter, it's probably best to stick with a clean folder until your game is stable again.  You can keep deleting the new clean folders as they spawn; just make sure to save the mods framework so you can keep adding it to the new folders.

Message 16 of 55 (587 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

@puzzlezaddict I think I was wrong I took the mods out all together and it's still stopped working.

This is so frustrating. I just fixed it and didn't even play since I fixed it.. 

Message 17 of 55 (582 Views)

@SparkleQueen2142  Take out your entire TS3 game folder from Documents and launch the game again.  Can you get to the Main Menu and load a new save?  If so, quit, delete the scriptCache.package inside your game folder, and add the Mods framework.  Specifically, there should be a folder labeled Mods inside Documents\EA\TS3.  Inside Mods should be the resource.cfg and another folder called Packages.  Inside Packages will be nointro.package and nobuildsparkles.package.  Don't add anything else.

If it loads, we can move on to adding other mods.  If it doesn't, remove nointro.package, delete scriptCache.package (this is very important), and try again to load a new save.

Message 18 of 55 (580 Views)

★ Apprentice

@puzzlezaddict @My stepdad put a different graphics card in my computer. But I had the nointro removed before hand but I'm afraid to put it back in. But I tested it as soon as I could. I ran it same as before, it started everything and the intro ran and then black screen, then I went and sat on the couch (which is right next to my desk) and I was planning on messaging you telling you it didn't work still but I got distracted by notifications on my phone. Then about 15 minutes later I was surprised by a screen on my computer. It's working, at the moment but no mods, no expansion packs and no custom content, is there a way to load the game faster?

Message 19 of 55 (546 Views)

@SparkleQueen2142  Could you run another dxdiag?  Hopefully, your stepdad knows how to put together a PC, not that there's any way to tell from here.  You could ask him if he plugged your monitor into the graphics card; there are different ports to use, depending on whether you have a dedicated card.

It would also be helpful if you pasted the first 40 or so lines from your deviceconfig (also in your game folder) into a response here.  You can delete your username, about 25 lines down, but everything else in there is generic information.

Message 20 of 55 (535 Views)