Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Sims 3: Starts loading and then stops loading

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict @@@My game is unreliable it seems it used to be able to hold some mods a ton of custom content and about five expansion packs at a time. Now, yes it crashed right after the intro. I have nothing else but Sims running I tried testing it without even expansion  Packs even though let's be honest I'm not gonna play without them. I tested it without mods too and I deleted cache

I tested it two times. 

Test 1- no mods- no exp packs- I took the mods folder out of the game before         

Black screen. 

Test 2- no mods- no exp packs- I deleted cache before

Black screen. 

Message 11 of 14 (81 Views)

@SparkleQueen2142  Okay, but have you removed your entire TS3 game folder from Documents, so that inside Documents\Electronic Arts, there's nothing at all?  And can you still not even get to the Main Menu?  It's really important to remove the entire folder because any number of files could be corrupt in there, and rather than sort through all of them, this "clean folder test" will take care of everything at once.

(And of course I don't expect you to play without your packs, but you're right that it's better to disable them while troubleshooting.)

If you still can't get to the Main Menu even after removing your game folder, it's worth troubleshooting Origin itself.  Clear Origin's cache, then launch the game again. (Remember to remove your game folder again.)  Try running Origin in offline mode as well.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

If that doesn't help, uninstall Origin (the hard way), and then reinstall it, remove your game folder again, and try to launch, again in offline mode.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/manually-uninstalling-origin/

Finally, do you have an antivirus or firewall running?  If so, which one?  Try setting exceptions for Origin and TS3.  There are a few tools that don't work well with EA products, but it's not always obvious that that's what's happening until you take steps to prevent it.

———————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 12 of 14 (72 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict @@Uninstalling Origin didn't work but I tried removing the file again and it worked. To be honest I think I did it wrong last time. Either that or it saved like a back up because when I deleted it last time there popped up a few files that were named some stuff I don't remember a time and maybe a date like I said I don't remember

But good news, it's finally running. Now I just gotta get all my mods back in and CC too. BUT I think I'm going to do that through out the week. Wanting to play Sims and not able to is torture. 

Message 13 of 14 (61 Views)
Highlighted

@SparkleQueen2142  I hear you—not being able to play is tough.  If you add a few mods and the game starts crashing again, and you identify one or more .package files that reliably cause the crashes, you might look into whether the mods were ever updated for patch 1.67.  (Other than the few core mods, all mods that work for 1.67 will work for 1.69 and vice versa.)  Having an outdated mod can cause crashes, as can a few combinations that don't work well together.

Anyway, if you run into any more trouble, feel free to ask for more help.

———————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 14 of 14 (58 Views)
sims-four-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

fifa-19-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help