Sims 3 Starter Pack if i already own Sims 3 Base Game

by 2dk2c

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 3 Starter Pack if i already own Sims 3 Base Game

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Why should I buy something I already own?

I've had the Sims 3 Base game and two expansions

(Late night, ambitions) in storage since my wife passed.

I'm just now reinstalling it successfully, and wish to buy more expansions.

I either am restricted to the DVD versions, or I can trash them and order online, right?

Redeeming the codes is not an option apparently, since I used the codes installing them (They're on my PC and working fine).

I'm going to totally assume I'm right and I'll look for the DVD versions on Amazon or wherever, but

I'd much rather have the Online versions, which save on DVD-Drive wear and tear.

Message 1 of 2 (398 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 3 Starter Pack if i already own Sims 3 Base Game

@2dk2c  I split your comment into its own thread because the previous thread was quite old and on a completely different topic.

If you ever registered your game in either Origin or the Sims 3 store site, your content will be in your Origin library, and you can install digitally as many times as you want, on as many computers as you like.  (You can only play on one computer at a time, but there's no limit to the number of installs.)  Just login using the same credentials you did the first time, and check your game library.

If you never registered your discs, you can still add the codes to your account now.  It doesn't matter that you used them to install; as long as they're not in EA's database, they're still usable.  However, if you signed into Origin while installing, your content was probably added to your account automatically.

Either way, if you've already installed all your packs via disc, you'll need to uninstall the newest pack by release date, clean your computer's registry, and install the digital version.  This will remove the need to play with a disc, as Origin will validate the install instead.  Keep in mind that in Windows, an Origin install will always need to have Origin running in the background before the game will launch.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (384 Views)

All Replies

Re: Sims 3 Starter Pack if i already own Sims 3 Base Game

@2dk2c  I split your comment into its own thread because the previous thread was quite old and on a completely different topic.

If you ever registered your game in either Origin or the Sims 3 store site, your content will be in your Origin library, and you can install digitally as many times as you want, on as many computers as you like.  (You can only play on one computer at a time, but there's no limit to the number of installs.)  Just login using the same credentials you did the first time, and check your game library.

If you never registered your discs, you can still add the codes to your account now.  It doesn't matter that you used them to install; as long as they're not in EA's database, they're still usable.  However, if you signed into Origin while installing, your content was probably added to your account automatically.

Either way, if you've already installed all your packs via disc, you'll need to uninstall the newest pack by release date, clean your computer's registry, and install the digital version.  This will remove the need to play with a disc, as Origin will validate the install instead.  Keep in mind that in Windows, an Origin install will always need to have Origin running in the background before the game will launch.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (385 Views)