Re: Sims 3 Serial Code

by connorm192

Original Post

Sims 3 Serial Code

★★★ Newbie

Hey,

I got The Sims 3 on the humble bundle and activated my product code via orgin client, I then downloaded it and it started installing however it brought up a window asking for a 20 digit serial code the only thing I have is a 16 digit product code and I dont know where to locate my serial key after looking for hours on end to locate it. Please help I have no Idea where to find my serial key.

----

I already have the product code, but it is too short to add in as a serial code.

---

Kind Regard,

Connor M

Message 1 of 10 (554 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Hey Connor

Sorry for my last response, I wasn't quite sure about what you were talking about. Please see this: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/IMPORTANT-How-do-I-redeem-my-Humble-Origin-Bundle-code-for-the/t.../. 

Sorry again - Andromache

Message 2 of 10 (518 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I'm not trying to be rude here, but you community volunteer types really aren't helping with any of this. If you're going to go handing off replies (that are often perceived as official) to people, can you please ensure you've at least read the sticky about the issue, if not the actual answer from an EA employee given out in a number of threads here, first? As it is all you've done between you is hand out contradictory, not to mention wrong, advice. It's good that you're active volunteers, but your contributions are actively negative if you're not clued up.

You may have luck getting in touch with EA support, reports thus far have been variable as to whether people get given a key or get fobbed off. As it stands it's a known issue, slightly frustrating but not the end of the world. Apparently they're working on automating it so the people with the error will have the code updated in the Origin client, although it looks like the won't be sticking to their ETA of 24 hours. Best advice at this point is to just sit tight.

Message 3 of 10 (490 Views)

★★★ Novice

Contact them? HAve you tried to contact them? do you even have a clue? I have been sitting waiting for the live chat all day, nothing. It's almost as if they didn't know they were gonna be snowed under when they stuck 8 top titles on the humble bundle. We are not beign that unreasonable, we paid for a product and now we want to use it, not a lot to ask is it?

Message 4 of 10 (478 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@gelgamek wrote:

I'm not trying to be rude here, but you community volunteer types really aren't helping with any of this. If you're going to go handing off replies (that are often perceived as official) to people, can you please ensure you've at least read the sticky about the issue, if not the actual answer from an EA employee given out in a number of threads here, first? As it is all you've done between you is hand out contradictory, not to mention wrong, advice. It's good that you're active volunteers, but your contributions are actively negative if you're not clued up.

You may have luck getting in touch with EA support, reports thus far have been variable as to whether people get given a key or get fobbed off. As it stands it's a known issue, slightly frustrating but not the end of the world. Apparently they're working on automating it so the people with the error will have the code updated in the Origin client, although it looks like the won't be sticking to their ETA of 24 hours. Best advice at this point is to just sit tight.

Actually, you've got a good point. I actually never saw the sticky until literally a few seconds ago as I've been pretty absent the last few days and when I logged on tonight (the first in quite a while) I wasn't quite sure what the whole thing was about but I just quickly wanted to see if I could help with known issues before I did some real work. So, I was just assuming this was a normal case. 

Thanks though - just going to edit my post now. Confusedmileyhappy: Thank you for pointing that out and actually doing very good research!! 

Message 5 of 10 (476 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

No bother. Like I said, I don't want to come across as harsh, but it's been happening all day - even Ursula was doing it until I pointed her in the direction of the post over on the Origin bugs forum. There's already enough venom spilling out around here as is, and I've no doubt live support are completely swamped - don't want to add to any of that... Confusedmileyhappy:

Message 6 of 10 (462 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Message 7 of 10 (448 Views)

Hero (Retired)

They probably are, I always try switching countries if the live chat just starts dragging on. I always, thankfully, seem to have a good run. I've never waited for over an hour before. 

Don't worry about it, maybe (knowning some helpers around here) just PM the helper that's made the mistake. I know when I read your post I was actually quite offended but when I realized what you were saying, I was like "oh..." (In a good way). It's just that it's a tiny bit embarrassing when all the other users can read it. Hope I haven't just done exactly that. Confusedmileyembarrassed:

It'd be nice if you could stay and help out, you sound like you know what you're doing (no flattery intended, I do mean it). 

Sweet dreams Gelgamek Confusedmileyhappy:

Message 8 of 10 (444 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@Andromache2013 wrote:

It'd be nice if you could stay and help out, you sound like you know what you're doing (no flattery intended, I do mean it). 

*Splutter* Goodness no. No way I have the temperament for it, given the way most people conduct themselves in forums like this I'd be metaphorically leaning through the monitor and battering heads off keyboards within 10 minutes; it'd drive me completely nuts. I'm also not willing to give up my free time to help patch up EA's largely self-made mistakes, although I appreciate the efforts of those that do and despair at the amount of grief they get for it.

I'll bear the rest of what you've said in mind too, thanks.

Message 9 of 10 (413 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

This is still not fixed. My code is still 16-digits. I have been trying to be patient and understanding, but, frankly, this is just ridiculous.

Message 10 of 10 (410 Views)