Sims 3 Seasons- "Insert Disc"

by teresamulhern

Original Post

Sims 3 Seasons- "Insert Disc"

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I have successfully installed the Sims 3 seasons (using a disc) onto my Mac, however when I go into the main menu of the game (before you select what character to play) it says to insert disc. However, I already have the disc in the disc drive (as it shows on my computer). Any suggestions as I just bought the game today- don't want €40 to go to waste!!!!

Message 1 of 10 (5,352 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Seasons- "Insert Disc"

Hero

Do you have any custom or Store content ? What  is the exact error message you're getting.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (5,342 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes have custom & store content. Error message I'm getting is : "No game disc found! Please insert the Sims 3 Seasons disc before proceeding. Retry/Quit" 

Message 3 of 10 (5,339 Views)

Hero

That's not the error message you get when it's a cc/store content conflict.

It is the seasons disc you have in ? 

Here's a few tips you can try: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/09/error-disc-authentication-error.html

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 10 (5,325 Views)

★★ Novice

Was using the right disc. Nothing wrong with the disc drive as it plays other discs, have the bought version of the game- cost me €40! Disc is not scratched- it's less than 24 hours old, have no cd-emulation software on my laptop. Also can't use origin because it says it is only for a PC compatible- I have a Mac so no joy there. 

Message 5 of 10 (5,321 Views)

Hero

Other mac users seem to have the same issue: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Sims-3-Seasons-disc-not-working/td-p/196066/

Try removing the Store and custom content to see if it makes a difference (although for most with this error, the message is different)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 10 (5,316 Views)

Thanks for the reply. Did all this but no joy. Tried to u...

★★ Novice

Thanks for the reply. Did all this but no joy. Tried to uninstall the Sims 3 Season but now I'm getting the message "You can't open the application the Sims 3 Uninstaller because it may be dmaged or incomplete"

Message 7 of 10 (5,313 Views)

Re: Thanks for the reply. Did all this but no joy. Tried to u...

Hero

Sorry, this is getting to 'mac-techie' for me. Maybe someone else can help you further.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 10 (5,299 Views)

Ok, thanks anyways.

★★ Novice

Ok, thanks anyways. 

Message 9 of 10 (5,291 Views)

Re: Ok, thanks anyways.

Hero

You might wanna try the Mac forum on the official site.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 10 (5,275 Views)