Re: Sims 3 Seasons crashes to desktop on PC, with issues SIMILAR TO the already reported Mac issues.

by EchoSunClover

Original Post

Re: Sims 3 Seasons crashes to desktop on PC, with issues SIMILAR TO the already reported Mac issues.

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I think I might have a solution to this problem. I used to have the Sims 3 Seasons crash all the time, even after the 1.47 update. But reading the crash logs showed "Access Violation", which I think meant that it ran out of allocated RAM and used some of the remaining RAM that it was not allowed to use, forcing Windows to terminate the program.

Anyway, the solution is to allocate more RAM to the Sims 3, which is easiest done with RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR!!! If you run the Sims program as an administrator you automatically have access to all of the RAM. This is a solution to Windows (I have Windows 8). I'm not sure how Macs work. And I'm not sure that this is guaranteed to work for everyone as I haven't tested anyone else, but after doing this I haven't crashed once.

To run as Administrator right click on the icon to open Sims 3 and choose Run As Administrator. To keep the setting and have it run as administrator automatically every time the SIms is opened, right click the icon and go to Properties. Go to the Compatibility tab and at Privilege level tick the box that says Run this program as an administrator.

If the 1.47 update hasn't fixed your game crashing, I hope this helps. I know this problem is very annoying and can make the game practically unplayable.

Message 51 of 63 (1,876 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

tried that. it didnt work for me. i think ive tried everything. according to "canyourunit" i dont have enough graphics Frown

Message 52 of 63 (1,721 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yeah ok see I just bought my windows 8    ..3 wks ago. and everything i have installed works..Diablo ...etc... even The Sims 3 and all the ep packs...until Seasons.

if there's a fix it's not on my end so i guess i'll just wait and see what  dudes at EA are going to do about it..

Message 53 of 63 (1,717 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Seasons crashes to desktop: NOT JUST A MAC PROBLEM!

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

To those that do: Please do not use Windows 8 as the reason for the failure. Other games run just fine in Windows 8. I have been a PC and IT technician for over 20 years and this is an answer that is a fall back when the root cause/reason for the continued crashes are NOT known.

For the record, I JUST purchased the BASE Sims 3 game and I have yet to even get in to play it. It continuously crashes at the intro. No warning, no reason, just lock and crash.

The only step I have yet to take is to set it for Windows XP compatibility. If that works, then the OS requirement should be you can only be running Windows XP. Simply put, Windows 8 is NOT the problem.

Lest you think I am attacking EA and it's representatives, I am currently running Battlefield 3, BF 2, BF 2142, Command and Conquer 3 Red Alert, C&C 4, C&C 3, etc. - all run beuatifully, all run without crashes.

Sims 3 doesn't run at all for me and I exceed the recommended specs by orders of magnitude.

To the EA support folks: Please work with the dev team and actually find the ROOT cause and solve that. That should be their number one priority. If I cannot get this to run, I will be forced to demand a refund of my money.

Message 54 of 63 (1,695 Views)

★★ Novice

have yall my think it might just be ya'lls computer i had the same promblem with the sims 3 it crashed every 5 to 10 mins. It's working fine now but it only started crashing when i installed sims 3 pets if u have to many games on ur computer that might be half of ur problem the game takes up alot of graphics and it can sometimes cuz your compter to crash or stop working mine freezes up to time to time cuz my computer will sometimes over heat your only surepose to play the game for 5 to 10 mins at a time. i have an win 7 xp and it also hads vista on it i downloaded something on my compeuter that helped on my computer cuz it keep crashing when ya'll installed that did ya'll read about me thing cuz it hads somethings in their that ur computer might not have like the intel (r) graphics media accelerator driver for moble it helped it runs it better Confusedmileytongue: i know some what about computers dont blame the game if your game is fully updated and you keep having this problem it might be cuz the graphics are to high for ur computer to run it. try to uninstall sims 3 pets and make sure you dont have alot of games on ur computer that can cuz it to crash too no matter if ur computer is brandnew if your computer cant handle it  will not work currectly it's best just to have 2 or 3 sims games on your computer i hope this helps :womanhappy:

Message 55 of 63 (1,646 Views)

★★ Novice

i have win 7 ultimate plus xp im geting the game today please let me know if what i said yesterday helped so i will see if i get the same problem wish me luck i hope i dont. but make sure you have enough ram memery it might help and yes some new computers dont have enough memery to play sims. but if it is the game please EA please send a patch for the pc soon

Message 56 of 63 (1,629 Views)

★★ Novice

qestion??? do ya'll still have that problem with the disk it's self?? or just with a download with out the hard disk?

Message 57 of 63 (1,623 Views)

★★ Novice

my game is working fine for right now it might be ya'lls computer can't handle it  i played it for 45 mins no crahing i saved without a problem try to keep only 2 to 3 sim games of ur choosing to keep on ur computer to see if that helps

Message 58 of 63 (1,615 Views)

★★ Novice

yesterday i played for 45 mins today i played 1 hour and a half without a problem  and saved with out a problem. did ya'll read the thing that says read me when ya'll first installed the game it hads somethings in that your computer might not have. EA won't release any thing that hads gliches they can play it on thier computers just fine. keeping everything up to date will help to always down load them updates for it it will help. but like i said if it is the game please send a patch for it EA please but i ant having no problems as far as from right now.

Message 59 of 63 (1,604 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I was so excited to try your solution, in hopes it would work, it didn't Confusedmileysad: My game still crash's within 3 min of play time, I've tried everything and my computer is actually above the specs required,

Message 60 of 63 (1,593 Views)