Sims 3 Seasons - Lost Serial code

by jessstewart

Original Post

Sims 3 Seasons - Lost Serial code

★★★ Newbie

I got The Sims 3 Seasons given to me as a present for Christmas and I installed it and everything worked fine. I had to uninstall all The Sims 3 games last week due to an issue to do with The Sims 3 University game. 

I then went to install the Sims 3 Seasons again but the pamphlet that came with the disc and case is missing. I have looked everywhere for it. 
I have lost the Serial Code therefore can't install the game without it. 

What do I do? Please help!

Message 1 of 4 (23,879 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Seasons - Lost Serial code

Hero (Retired)

If you registered it on either Origin or the Sims 3 Website - see here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Lost-and-broken-DVDs-and-missing-serial-codes-What-to-do/td-...

Welcome to the Answer HQ!

Message 2 of 4 (23,762 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Here's a very helpful link from EA.: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Lost-and-broken-DVDs-and-missing-serial-codes-What-to-do/td-... You should do this: 

Finding your Registration / Serial Code

If you still have the game on your computer you can follow these steps to find your serial code from your registry (PC only). Credits of to Carl's Sims 3 Guide

You need to be signed in as an Administrator first.  Windows may require your permission to open the
Registry Editor and if so, just click on yes.

1. Press the Windows key on your keyboard and type regedit in the search bar and press Enter. 
  2. Click on 'File' at the top left of the window that opens then click on Export.
  3. Choose a location and name for the file as this will be your backup registry file.
  4. Click Save.
  5. This backup is created just as a precaution.

Now to find your serial codes for each specific EP or SP installed on your computer:

1. Expand the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE folder.
  2. Expand the SOFTWARE folder (Wow6432Node for 64 bit systems)
  3. Expand the Electronic Arts folder.
  4. Expand the Sims folder
  5. Expand the EP or SP you need the code for
  6. Click on ergc and in the box to the right under 'Data' you will see the code
  7. Write it down somewhere save
  8. Repeat above steps for each EP

Do it all at once! The number of the steps doesn't matter. You have to do all of the steps to get your code. I hope this helped you! You're welcome!

Message 3 of 4 (23,672 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

i tried that,everything worked, however, there was no code under data, but everything was there and was done correct, just no code. Im also on windows 8.1 if that messes it up...will, actually, i cant even go under the seasons folder anymore, please help!

Message 4 of 4 (16,227 Views)