Re: Sims 3 Riding Skill Not Improving (Mac)

by 443243b2f972d3ae

Original Post

Champion
You need to download Master Controller as that is the basic program that allows all the others to run. Depending on which OS you run on (Mac or Windows), you should download the 1.69 version. It runs just fine on Macs.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 21 of 29 (568 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

I'm very sorry @Tremayne4260, but that is not correct. MasterController is a great mod to have, no argument there, and it's worth having for its ability to reset sims properly alone where the testingcheats kind of reset really doesn't do much except get sims out of impossible situations. But it is not required for any of the other NRaas mods to work. MC doesn't actually do anything at all after the game loads up except present its menus of commands for the player to select from or ignore, as needed, unless you count the optional CAS version replacement.

This is why we support the mods at NRaas. I would suggest the player bring their issue to us over there if Overwatch does not fix the skilling issue on its own after a few sim days of running.

Message 22 of 29 (563 Views)

Champion

Cool, thanks for correcting me. I thought it was needed, but not going to get rid of it. Standard smile

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 23 of 29 (537 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks for the advice! I'm already running MasterController and I love it Standard smile I've tried to use it to fix this issue but still haven't found a solution yet.

Message 24 of 29 (524 Views)

[ Edited ]

@443243b2f972d3ae  MasterController won't fix this issue.  If Overwatch doesn't resolve the problem within a few sim-days, then igazor is right—you should ask for more help over at NRaas.  The people there are still providing help for their mods and can give you a better idea of how to proceed.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 25 of 29 (521 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you all for your help Standard smile It's been a few Sim-days and my Sims are still not learning riding skill when riding their horses, however the horses will learn racing/jumping while being ridden. I did make a wikispaces account to try and post in the discussion forum for Nraas Overwatch, but I'm not able to create a new discussion for this topic. :/ @igazor would you be willing to help me here, or help me bring this issue to the proper people at Nraas?

Thank you so much!!!

Message 26 of 29 (474 Views)

@443243b2f972d3ae  You'll have to ask to join NRaas as well.  The admins there are pretty good about approving new members, although given how late it is, you might have to wait until tomorrow morning.  But yes, this issue is probably better addressed at NRaas, where there is much more mod-specific advice available.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 27 of 29 (468 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@443243b2f972d3ae wrote:

I did make a wikispaces account to try and post in the discussion forum for Nraas Overwatch, but I'm not able to create a new discussion for this topic. :/ @igazor would you be willing to help me here, or help me bring this issue to the proper people at Nraas?

I found your new Wikispaces account, but you have not yet requested to join NRaas or at least we have no such requests pending. Once you do so and are approved, the right to post becomes unlocked.

http://nraas.wikispaces.com/space/join

I would suggest using the Chatterbox message board, it gets more visibility than the mod specific ones and our developer will see your posts either way.

http://nraas.wikispaces.com/page/messages/Chatterbox

Message 28 of 29 (454 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you so much @igazor!!!

Message 29 of 29 (440 Views)