Sims 3 Regular Crashing?

by MaddieTiddy

Original Post

Sims 3 Regular Crashing?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hi everyone, I believe this is my first time posting on here and I'm not very advanced with any technical vocabulary or computer specs etc so this seems slightly tricky to me. My issue is that every time I play the Sims 3, it will run fine for around 5-10 minutes and then it will, without warning, suddenly come up with an error saying "The Sims 3 has stopped working" and I have no choice but to close the game. I haven't always had this problem, it only started happening after I researched ways to clear your game of lag and after deleting some things it now strangely crashes on a regular basis. I also noticed that when I open the launcher it sometimes says that I don't have any expansion packs installed, but then when i reopen it it says I do? I have a feeling that I have accidentally deleted something quite important, as I had the same issue of regular crashing a while back but this was more related to a very laggy, unplayable game. Every time my game crashes I get script errors and text documents show up in my folder which I've never been able to make sense of, but if it is something that might help I can definitely post one. I'm willing to try anything as long as I'm given proper instructions as I'm not very smart with stuff like this! :eahigh_file:

Message 1 of 2 (196 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Regular Crashing?

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Well, it sounds like exactly what you said. You deleted some important files, and now the game is glitching. I would just do a clean reinstall, but before you do, back up your library folder (contains stuff you saved to bin), your saves folder and your screenshots folder, then restore them when you've reinstalled the game. 

As for your game lagging, how much memory do you have? You need at least 3GB on a Windows 7 machine, as well as a dedicated graphics card. Also, lowering graphics settings helps considerably. There's really no reason to delete any files, unless we're talking about mods that may be screwing up your game or CC.

Message 2 of 2 (187 Views)