Re: Sims 3 - Play with Disc without Downloading game on Origins?

by rumbutter

Original Post

Sims 3 - Play with Disc without Downloading game on Origins?

★★★ Newbie

So I'm new to this, forgive me if I am just overlooking something because I'm rather frustrated.

I wanted to play the Sims 3 game with the disc but each time I try to do so, Origins pops up and keeps saying I can't play until I download the full game there. I don't want to do that - I just want to play the game itself. Is there something I'm overlooking/not doing correclty? I want to just play the darn game without having to download it on Origins for 15 hours. 

Each time I put the disc in, it just pops up with the Origin screen trying to "install" it - even though I've already signed up and installed Origins. It keeps saying I have to download the full game on to Origins and I just don't want to do that.

Any help? :catsad:

Message 1 of 7 (3,541 Views)

Hero (Retired)

have you tried log out of origin then close it ? then when you insert the disk into the drive use the autorun

Message 2 of 7 (3,522 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've logged out of Origin and closed it and then tried to to do the AutoRun but it still pops up with the "install" screen, and makes me log back into Origins. 

I'm not sure if I'm actually doing the "Autorun" correctly though. 

All I'm doing is going to my Start button, clicking Run, and then typing in "D:\Autorun.exe" and thats what pulls up the "Install" screen which just directs me back to Origins all over again. Is this not right? 

Message 3 of 7 (3,520 Views)

Hero (Retired)

no pop up window auto run ? disconnect from the internet (for now ) insert the disk into the drive if  nothing happens  open "My Computer" and double click on the sims 3 icon, which will be your DVD/CD Drive the game should now prompt you to install the game

Message 4 of 7 (3,515 Views)

★★★ Newbie

There is a pop up that says "Autorun.exe" for it but it does the same thing. 

I disconnected from the internet and it still prompted me to log in to Origins to "finish installing The Sims 3". Every time it is the same thing: I put in the disc, it loads up with the Autorun pop up, I click the pop up, and then it loads another screen saying "Install" and has the Origins logo on the bottom, then I click it, accept the terms, and it says "To finish installing, log into Origins". 

Message 5 of 7 (3,510 Views)

Hero (Retired)

your the second person ive seen report this :/

contact CS

They can be found here: https://help.ea.com/contact-us
Choose a category, a game and a platform for the contact options to show up.
If live chat is gray, change your country to US and make sure you're on US Business hours. It might also gray because they're very busy. Try later.
See this post if you have trouble with the site: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2012/10/how-to-contact-ea.html

Message 6 of 7 (3,492 Views)

Hero

Try this method: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Mass-Effect-3/How-do-I-install-from-disc-without-download/m-p/1384#M22

Should be the same for Sims 3. Just do the same for Sims 3 instead of Mass Effect 3.

Let me know if it works.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 7 (3,479 Views)