Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Sims 3 Pets EP not working on Windows 10

by cellofire821

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 3 Pets EP not working on Windows 10

★★★★★ Newbie

So, I downloaded The Sims 3 on my ASUS laptop with Windows 10, and then The Sims 3 Pets EP. Until today, it's been working fine; I click on the icon and The Sims 3 Pets comes up. But today, I did a "clean computer" thing and tried to re-download the Pets EP, and it doesn't work anymore. I'll include photos.
The icon looks the same (as seen in the first screenshot in the upper left hand corner), I click on it, the menu looks the same ( as seen in the second screenshot) but then when it starts to load, it's just The Sims 3! (third screenshot). I have no idea what happened! I don't want to have to uninstall my Sims 3 game because I have a household that I worked really hard on, my sim Holly has a wife, a mansion, a cat, and a toddler! What do I do??

Screenshot (1).png
Screenshot (2).png
Screenshot (3).png
Message 1 of 2 (99 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 3 Pets EP not working on Windows 10

★ Apprentice

Did you go to the "Expansions & Stuff" tab and make sure Pets is ticked?

Also, if you have to uninstall make sure you back-up your "Saves" folder. This will make sure you don't lose your games!

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (108 Views)

All Replies

Re: Sims 3 Pets EP not working on Windows 10

★ Apprentice

Did you go to the "Expansions & Stuff" tab and make sure Pets is ticked?

Also, if you have to uninstall make sure you back-up your "Saves" folder. This will make sure you don't lose your games!

Message 2 of 2 (109 Views)
sims-four-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help