Sims 3 Password Issue. Not an incorrect password!

by HongKei

Original Post

Re: Sims 3 Password Issue. Not an incorrect password!

Hero (Retired)

@LightLesStar1 wrote:

Thanks RumButter! It worked for me! I had two different email addresses, and didn't know how to fix it. Thanks again!

welcomes really happy to hear it's fixed for you :D

Message 11 of 21 (1,607 Views)

★★★ Newbie

That worked for me

Message 12 of 21 (1,588 Views)

★ Novice
May 2018. This happened to me for the first time today. I searched everywhere for a working solutions and tried alot of suggestions. What I ended up doing was restarting my laptop, which showed that there were windows updates waiting for a restart. One I restarted my machine I was able to login and have my password was accepted. Maybe this will work for someone else!
Message 13 of 21 (1,235 Views)

★★★ Newbie
May 2018. Similar issue. Deleting the file didn't work for me but what did work was going to options and logging in under the online settings section.
Message 14 of 21 (1,185 Views)

★ Novice

I can sign in on the website and everything else, but the Sims 3 launcher keeps telling me the password is wrong.  It was fine and didn't change yesterday, so uh.. what gives?

Message 15 of 21 (1,096 Views)

@enohex  Try clearing all of your browser caches, including the one for Internet Explorer.  Even if you never use it, the launcher does for some purposes.  Be sure to uncheck the box to preserve data for favorites.

clear IE cache:  https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=15141

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 16 of 21 (1,089 Views)

★ Novice

Tried that, oddly enough. Edge cleared, Chrome Cleared, even scratched off steam and origin. It's okay, since the website works I decided to download Simsb4 and play that instead lol. All good in the hood.

I'll try to remember to update if something happens with the new game, but since the website worked just fine, I have a thought that it could be a glitch in the launcher for Sims 3. Possibly server related?

We'll see when my Spectrum "blazing fast" 5mbps that's quoted for 100mbps finishes the download.

Thanks anyways 

Message 17 of 21 (1,084 Views)

★ Novice

I heard a woman on another topic with the same issue saying she disabled the Shop Mode.

I remembered I did that 2 weeks before having the same problem.

I tried logging in and it did not work, then I enabled Shop Mode and it logged in.

So try turning Shop Mode on.

Although I hate Shop Mode I think I'll have to use it cause I want Achievements progress...

Message 18 of 21 (949 Views)

★ Novice

Bumping this ancient, dead thread because I have the same problem tried all solutions - clearing the IE cache, deleting the .bin file for my e-mail, etc. I actually can log in to the website through browsers, and am able to log in to origin, and on to any EA games I have on console. It's just the Sims 3 application that's having trouble comprehending that my password has changed.

Message 19 of 21 (661 Views)

@dirtyblue929  Try changing your password to something that contains only letters and numbers, no special characters.  The launcher often has issues with symbols like ! and &, and probably others too.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 20 of 21 (640 Views)