Re: Sims 3 Paradise Island problem (error code with product key). Help-m?

by ckentwell

Original Post

Sims 3 Paradise Island problem (error code with product key). Help-m?

★ Novice

Excuse me, English is not my first language and so it can be a bit confusing.

I installed Sims 3 Paradise Island and the code worked correctly, but I uninstalled to format the computer and when I try again. the code does not work.

One customer told me this:

"I am sending you the 6 digit verification code to your email id. Please confirm it to me." and in e-mail was "So, regarding the code redemption error, we request you to please do fill the account recovery form, so that we can recover your account." 

I'm not sure what to do, it shows no lik to fill in some form to recover account. I do not know if there was any misunderstanding.

Should I wait before some support gives me a new key code for the game?

Message 1 of 6 (478 Views)

@ckentwell  This is the link for the account recovery form:

http://help.ea.com/account-recovery/web-form

But I'm not sure that you need to use it.  The customer support rep probably emailed you the verification code so you could confirm that you are the owner of your account.  Otherwise, they can't share information with you.  Once you write the verification code into the chat, then you can ask whether the Island Paradise pack is still on your account.

Just so you know, you don't need to add the code for Island Paradise to your account again.  Once it is registered the first time, the code won't work again.  But you should be able to download the expansion directly from Origin.  The way to do this is to install the Sims 3 base game, then click on its icon in your Origin library.  Then you will see a dropdown menu (it says More in English).  Click on it and select Expansion Packs, then scroll down the list until you see Island Paradise.  If the button below it says Download, just click it to start the download.

If the button for Island Paradise says Buy Now, then you will need to contact customer support again.  Usually, the support rep can just tell you what content is on your account without needing you to fill out the account recovery form.  Just explain that you want to know what happened to your expansion, and the rest of your account is fine.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 6 (471 Views)

★ Novice
It sounds too complicated for me, I think I should buy it online. Otherwise, if I have to uninstall again, I will have to ask for everything again.

But if I have a purchase online, I can always guarantee the game, right?
Message 3 of 6 (463 Views)

@ckentwell  If the pack is still on your account, you won't be able to buy it again.  Does Origin give you the option to download Island Paradise?  If not, what does the button say?  (Details, Play, Buy Now, etc.)

If there's something you'd like me to explain further, I would be happy to do so.  Just let me know how I can help.

Message 4 of 6 (458 Views)

★ Novice
In "My Game Library", only Sims 3 appears even though I already installed other expansions and it worked correctly.

And when I look for "Paradise Island", it appears only as available for purchase as if it did not recognize that I have installed in the past.

What's weird is that when I click "add game" try to redeem the product code, it shows the cover of "The Sims World Adventures" (which I have installed) instead of Paradise Island. But the code I try to use came with the Paradise Island game manual.

If I submit a request for a new code, even though they show a cover of a different expansion, will it work anyway?

Thanks for listening.
Message 5 of 6 (444 Views)

[ Edited ]

@ckentwell  I don't know what happened to your code for Island Paradise, but maybe you added it to another account.  If you contact EA customer support and provide the code, you can ask where it went.  The support rep will send a verification code to your email, which you can then copy into the chat window to prove you're the owner of this account.  After that, it should be easy to find out where the code went.

Hopefully, customer support will be able to add Island Paradise to your account in one way or another.  If you created a second account, it can be merged with your current one so that all of your content is in your game library.

I don't think it matters which game cover you see.  The code should clearly belong to Island Paradise, not World Adventures, and the EA system will reflect that.

Message 6 of 6 (440 Views)