Sims 3 Not Showing Welcome Page on Launcher

by Ephendrielle

Original Post

Sims 3 Not Showing Welcome Page on Launcher

★★ Novice

I'm trying to play sims 3, doing a lot of work to upload all my sims to transfer to another computer. However, when I pull up the launcher now, the welcome button displays a "The website cannot display the page" page. and I don't understand why. Everything was going fine, and suddenly now I can't sign into my sims 3 EA account and the welcome page isn't working. What do I do? Please hurry, I'm trying to upload all my sims before my new alienware gaming pc comes in, and I have A LOT of sims to upload. I'm truly irate right now.

Message 1 of 6 (1,232 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Not Showing Welcome Page on Launcher

★★ Novice

I just checked the news. Is this happening because they're running maintenance or something like that? Does this mean everyone is having this problem? It says 

Hi Simmers!

"Sorry for the problems you have been having in trying to post stuff to your The Sims 3 My Page. We identified the issue last week and rolled out a fix on Friday. You should have been able to start posting over the weekend.

Please note, moving forward, we will be regularly cleaning our data servers and will only keep the last 1000 days’ worth of data on the server. This cleaning should keep the My Page feature functioning for you.

Thanks for your patience. Keep on simming!

SimGuruBChick"

Message 2 of 6 (1,214 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Ephendrielle Try resetting the browsing history in IE (internet explorer). Not the browser you are usiing as the game uses IE. Is the web site is reset (rebooted) the stored cookie becomes invalid. The cookie will eventually expire but if you clear the browsing history will clear the cookie.

Message 3 of 6 (1,207 Views)

★★ Novice

I already tried all that

Message 4 of 6 (1,198 Views)

★★ Novice

Do mods ever effect the ability to log in? I've cleared all the caches I can find.

Message 5 of 6 (1,190 Views)

★★ Novice

Actually I found a way to make it work. I guess firefox was getting in the way somehow, but I'm still having a hard time upload this one sim. It's just this particular sim won't upload to my studio. I can get him to launcher, but when I upload him to my studio, then nothing happens and all I can do is delete him and try again. I've tried many times over. Is there any fix to this?

Message 6 of 6 (1,183 Views)