Sims 3 Not Launching. ActivationUI.exe in background

by Jwbrewer02

Original Post

Sims 3 Not Launching. ActivationUI.exe in background

★★★★ Novice

I've been playing the Sims 3 trouble free for about a week which is impressive so far but another problem has occurred. I went to go install an FPS limiter and I am trying to play the game to see if it works and every time I try to launch it (used Origin, TS3W, TS3, Launcher and 3Booter) nothing happens but instead ActivationUI.exe runs and when I close it nothing else happens. I disabled Origin in-game and nothing changed.

Message 1 of 2 (391 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Not Launching. ActivationUI.exe in background

Hero (Retired)

@Jwbrewer02  If the game is in Origin you should not try to bypass the launcher as patching and pack control is done through the launcher now and patching (if any) should be through Origin. Does the game run with out the limiter? A guess is the limiter is interring with the game. You may need a different limiter. I typically use Nvidia cards but I understand the limiter in the device driver does not work correctly anymore. ATI (AMD) always needed a third party limiter. I haven't had to use a limiter in some time. As long as the frame rate isn't too crazy and/or temperature of the card isn't too hot I don't worry about it. You need to know frame rate of the video card, the display device, and how it display is connected. This all has an effect on frame rates.

Message 2 of 2 (379 Views)