Sims 3 Mac Exception Raised.

by coolclashwill

Original Post

Sims 3 Mac Exception Raised.

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

[Sims 3]As soon as I chose a town it is halfway loaded then says exception raised. I am really mad I just got the starter pack and somethings different. Right when you get in it has a loading screen right. And it looks as if its messed up its black and the little tips are gone. I am mad I wanna play it again soo badly. As soon as I got it,it worked fine and now its all exception raised! Please answer if you know, I hope it gets fixed soon.

@Bluebellflora  please and thank you in advance

Message 1 of 4 (271 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Mac Exception Raised.

@coolclashwill

I think your issue may be memory related. Have you tried purging RAM before launching the game? Instructions can be found here: http://bluebellflora.com/resetting-ram-during-gameplay/

It would also help if you could provide the following:

Click on the Apple icon in the top left corner of your desktop and select About This Mac. Please provide the following information (you may need to click on More Info depending on what operating system you're running:

- Operating System (Version)

- Mac model

- Processor

- Memory (RAM)

- Graphics

- Are you running any antivirus?

- Do you have Time Machine/Spotify/Dropbox or similar running?

- Are you patched up to date? You should be on patch level 1.67

- Do you use CC/Mods? If so, have you tried removing them and seeing if that fixes your problem?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 4 (260 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks for your help but I found out I changed info.plist and I need a new one from the file so can you copy and paste me the text so I can put it instead. Thank you for your help!

Message 3 of 4 (255 Views)

[ Edited ]

@coolclashwill what were you trying to do? Bypass the Launcher? Follow these instructions to get it back to normal.

- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway, shape or form. I'm just a long time Mac user who's been Simming since the beginning -

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 4 of 4 (251 Views)