Re: Sims 3 Launcher will not connect to internet or allow downloads

by sheba1197

Original Post

Sims 3 Launcher will not connect to internet or allow downloads

★★★ Newbie

For a couple of weeks when I open the Launcher the welcome screen has the message: This program cannot display the webpage.  Most likely causes You are not connected to the internet, the website is encountering problems. There might be a typing error in the address . . . etc.   I am definitely connected to the Internet.  I am able to login to my Sims 3 account in IE, I can also log into Origin.

I cannot login on the login window on the Launcher because it says it cannot connect to Origin.

I have purchased sets at the Sims 3 store and now I can't download them because the Launcher won't allow it.

Message 1 of 7 (3,806 Views)

Hero

Try if deleting the browser caches on your Internet Explorer does something. The launcher depends on the IE.

Also make sure flashplayed, adobe air, java and windows are all updated.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (3,784 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

I had the same problem. What I did was download mozilla firefox, and use that when I want to download from the sims 3 store. Works great, good luck. The Mozilla Firefox is a free browser.

Message 3 of 7 (3,664 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It connects to the website in the launcher where is shows the daily deals & such BUT when I click onthem so it takes me to the website, its not doing that. I had just completed a clean instal of my Sims3 games through Origin & the launcher had gone through a couple of updates successfully when it had frozen up during one. After several minutes I ended up cancelling the download & rebooted the computer & pulled up origin & through that the Sims launcher but it still wouldn't pull up the website like it did before I downed & wiped my comp.

Now if I manually pull up IE & go to your website & log in I can go to my purchases while the launcher is open & select what I want to re-download & that works fine. so I can get the launcher to talk to the website, but for some reason the parts that I used to be able to click on the launcher to trigger the website to pull up (ex. Daily Deal) won't pull up any more.

Message 4 of 7 (2,903 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@crinrict I don't use IE, so this option is a mute point for me, but might work for others who actually use it.

Not sure when it stopped connecting to the net, but did notice about a week ago, when I went to play, the web page no longer loaded, under Welcome.

It won't log in anymore.

Also, I had just moved the game, so I have to download my purchased sets or my saved game will crash on load.

Message 5 of 7 (2,036 Views)

Hero

Are you on Win 10 ? I don't actually know what it uses on Win 10 but the launcher uses IE no matter which browser you actually use. 

Do you have it installed ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 7 (2,033 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Win 10, does have IE, and I just checked with it, trying to even log into the download page on the website with it, not wanting to log in. So I am thinking there is an issue with IE on Win 10.

I generally use Google for everything.

After fighting with IE, I had to set it to save all cookies so it would log into the web page...

However, this still did not help the Sims 3 Startup page to show up in Welcome, on start up.

All I can think of, is that Win 10 did an update, and changed some settings, Can't find a compatibility setting for it either. That was shown for win 7/8 versions.

Also, when the Welcome page doesn't show up. Then the Downloads section "Log in" won't work either, just keeps showing the log in window, even with the correct email/password

Message 7 of 7 (2,021 Views)