Re: Sims 3 Launcher Won't Open

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 3 Launcher Won't Open

★★★ Novice

I recently downloaded The Sims 3, as well as two expansion packs. I played the game fine for a few days, but I shut my laptop down and left it for a while. Now, after two days of not playing the game, the Sims launcher won't open. I've tried all three shortcuts as well as through Origin, but nothing works! Any advice?

Message 1 of 47 (74,283 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

Did you change anything on your system ? Update to Windows 8.1 ? Install BitDefender ?

Try the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps/td-p/714/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 4 of 47 (85,502 Views)

All Replies

Hero
  • Do you get any error messages ?
  • What's your operating system ?
  • Did you patch to 1.63 ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 47 (74,096 Views)

★★★ Novice

-I didn't get any error messages

-I'm on Windows 8

-No, I didn't patch

Message 3 of 47 (74,092 Views)

Hero

Did you change anything on your system ? Update to Windows 8.1 ? Install BitDefender ?

Try the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps/td-p/714/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 47 (85,503 Views)

★★★ Novice

As far as I know, nothing has changed. Every time I try to fix or uninstall the games, it says I can't because the application is running. What can I do to fix that?

Message 5 of 47 (74,082 Views)

Hero

I assume you have restarted your computer ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 47 (74,079 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have, but I figured out a way to uninstall the game and reinstall it. I will definitely make sure to update the game as well. Thanks so much for all your help!

Message 7 of 47 (74,070 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My game wont start it was just working fine lastnight when i added the sims in to the future it told me to uninstall it and reinstall it on orgin i did that. Now it's not letting me launch the game at all Confusedmileymad: plz help me or somebody tell me what i can do to fix the problem.

So far i have uninstalled the game 3 times and now i am at a lost 

Message 8 of 47 (74,064 Views)

★★ Novice

DId you find an answer to this? Mine has done the exact same thing!

Message 9 of 47 (73,823 Views)

★★★ Newbie

mine is doing the same thing i really just want to play my game! lol

Message 10 of 47 (73,817 Views)