Re: Sims 3 Launcher Finally Fixed!

by DastardlyDog101

Original Post

Sims 3 Launcher Finally Fixed!

★★★ Apprentice

Hello Everyone!

Not a question but maybe a helpful hint for those having trouble with their Sims 3 launcher. I'm running on windows 7 PC. After six months of trips to the computer shop, times spent in touch with the EA help team...(Who were great. Thank-you, Team EA!) So long being without The Sims 3, I finally got the launcher up and running. The trouble was my launcher was registering 0000. I would copied The Sims 3 files and all the EA files into a new, fresh folder. Uninstall Origin and TS3...all to install everything time and again. What was happening was all the 'bad' files were being put back into the launcher from the new, fresh copied files, causing the launcher to malfunction. Yesterday I deleted everything...Origin, TS3 game and every bit of EA's folders...Nothing was left. (Thinking why not, nothing's working anyway!) It worked. This is how I got the launcher up and running:

Uninstall The Sims 3 game.

Uninstall Origin.

Delete everything in the Electronic Arts folder one at a time. (Found in documents. Make sure you do not have a copied contents in folder/s of TS3 or EA files).

Then the folder itself...Deep breath...That's the hard part!

Make sure you have the latest Adobe Flash Player, Adobe Air, a good graphic card...and everything that makes the game functional up to code.

Install Origin.

Install The Sims 3 game. (It'll be like you never had the game).

The launcher will come on again...This time it will work.

Good Luck and hope this can help people with windows 7 on a PC.

Message 1 of 6 (824 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Just a note to say, this also fixed the problem I had with Dragon Valley and Celtic Lands. By deleting and installing everything again, Celtic Lands finally downloaded! Once in-game, before playing the game you can open up the 'dashboard' and download Celtic Lands from there. Good Luck, Everyone And Happy Gaming! DastardlyDog101 (AKA SimCityLucy)

Message 2 of 6 (805 Views)

★★ Novice

When you say delete the EA folder and TS3, you're including the expansions as well right? Just want to make sure before I spend extra time if only the base and Origin need to be deleted. Thanks for this fix, it was super frustrating.

Message 3 of 6 (791 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Hi! np, yw. Standard smile Yes, you have to erase everything from the computer, TS3 game, all the EP's, Origin, the files in the EA folder (one by one) and then the EA folder itself...That's the hard part seeing all your hard work gone. But when you download Origin again, everything will come back fixed...YAY! lol. The launcher will guide you through the necessary updates you'll need to be back Simming happily again. Then you're free and clear to add TS3 game and any EP's you have and the things that are stored in your 'My Purchase History' area at EA's site. 

I also found TS3 game and EP's downloaded much faster then they had before Standard smile

Message 4 of 6 (773 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@DastardlyDog101 Thanks for sharing what fixed the issue for you so that others may solve their issues too, that's exactly what AHQ is about! Happy simming. Standard smile

If this message helped you, please give it a bit of XP! Click the XP button at the bottom right of this post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!
Message 5 of 6 (762 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

You're welcome, EA Francois and everyone! This problem drove me nuts that seemed like forever, lol. I did everything the EA help team said. Made copies of TS3 files and reinstate them again. (But the same corrupt files were just going back into the launcher). I'd uninstall Adobe Flash Player and Adobe Air, then download the latest versions of them so many times. But, I'd still end up with a 'doorstop' for a launcher that registered 0000 no matter what.

I found this 'fix it' by sheer accident as a final last-ditch effort before throwing the computer and everything TS3 against the wall, to try to once and for all restore the launcher.

Totally in shock and thrilled that this 'fix it' really worked. It also fixed the Dragon Valley/Celtic Land problem! Now Celtic Lands can show up and download to be enjoy!

With this 'fix it' being so good, I had to share with everyone having the same problem, be it launcher or trouble with Dragon Valley and Celtic Lands not separating properly.

(Now our St Bernard, Jenny, can once again lay at my feet and be a Partner-In-Simming-Crime with me instead of hearing her Mommy SCREAMING at the computer,  lol!) 

The secret is starting TS3 and Origin fresh on the computer like you never had the game or Origin installed. By deleting everything from the computer, TS3 launcher is able to clear. Then the launcher will come back better then ever, and once again can download the game with the features you love. (Your TS3 game and EP's are safe and stored in your Origin account in 'My Games' area during this process as well as other non-Sims Origin games you have stored).

While you have everything for TS3 off the computer, it's not a bad idea to make sure you have the latest versions of Adobe Flash Player and Adobe Air installed...and a really good graphic card helps too, lol! Wink  Standard smile

It's very rare to receive corrupt files from The Exchange, but it can happen. If it does happen, this 'fix it' will take care of the launcher and clear it from the corrupt files clogging the launcher from doing it's job. Since then, I have downloaded a lot of nice things from The Exchange since the launcher fix without trouble...It's one of my favorite places on the EA's site, lol.

Although this process is VERY long, and you do feel like a Sim killer as you blow-up the neighborhoods one by one...Seeing everything in TS3 file/s you've worked so hard on go up in smoke with just one click on the mouse! The final result is so worth it!
Happy Simming, Everyone!
 Lucy   (AKA SimCityLucy at TS3!)

Message 6 of 6 (752 Views)