Sims 3 Keeps Crashing (Windows 8)

by nmm0598

Original Post

Sims 3 Keeps Crashing (Windows 8)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I can play the game fine for about 30 minutes and then it freezes for a couple seconds and crashes. Lately it has been getting worse. I checked the DEP and it was fine. I do have some CC installed, I tried to delete some of the suspicious ones, but it didn't help any. Now when I try to uninstall some CC it pulls up the uninstalling screen and then THAT crashes. I have Generations and Pets installed as well.  I also have a glitch where the Sims will randomly not be able to move anywhere. I have to go into buy mode and move them, it only happens with certain Sims and it happens pretty frequently.

Message 1 of 2 (4,058 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Keeps Crashing (Windows 8)

★★ Novice

I had this problem too, and I did the same as you (deleting the custom content, etc), and it still crashed. 

So far, the only way I've been able to run Sims 3 without it crashing (on Windows 8, that is) is to run it in compatibility mode for Windows XP (I chose Windows XP instead of Windows 7 because 7 makes the graphics look poopy on my computer). 

To run it in compatibility mode, just right-click on Sims 3, go to Properties, then go into the Compatibility tab and choose "Run this program in compatibility mode for...  ". 

As for the sims randomly freezing, I didn't have that problem so I can't help you on that one.  Maybe running Sims 3 in compatibility mode will get rid of that? 

Anyway, I hope I was able to help you out.  :3

Message 2 of 2 (3,922 Views)