Re: Sims 3 Issues

by SandArcher

Original Post

Sims 3 Issues

★★ Novice

I have been playing the Sims games for years, and have the Sims 3 currently installed. I own all except some of the extra stuff and the University and Future expansion packs. I have the most recent Windows 8 as my OS, and all my drivers are up-to-date. (I do not own any extra worlds, either.)

I have been having 2 issues lately. First, since installing "Island Paradise," I have been unable to choose or alter hairstyles for my Sims when in Create mode. I click on the button, & nothing opens.

Secondly: for quite some time now, I have been unable to download premium content into my game. The downloader doesn't even launch any more. I'd love to have more options than what the game gives me, and I have a huge folder waiting for a solution to this problem!

The problem is not my computer. My husband had this built for game play optimization, and he keeps all the drivers current. My computer has more than enough power, and is checked regularly for malware and viruses. I do not have any patches downloaded into my game that are outside of any automatic game updates.

So, what is the problem here, and how do I fix it? I am getting pretty tired of uninstalling & re-installing. And honestly, so far, I don't see much use for Origin, so I hope you can actually help me for once.

Message 1 of 6 (276 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@kamader22 1. issue-you need to activate Script-Mods, you have to check "Script-Mods:" in the Game Options-you need this settings for your package to work properly.

2..issue-Go in Game Options and unchecked the "online" box. Hit apply changes. Then rechecked the box and hit apply again.

-And make sure your internet connection is not running through a proxy.Go to Internet Options in Control Panel > check the connections tab and make sure the proxy server is not checked. Check the internet settings again.

-Go in your Origin client, right clicking on icon Sims 3  select Repair Game and Check for Update.

-Make sure you are the administrator, run the setup file Origin with Admin rights http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-do-i-run-a-program-or-a-game-as-an-administrator/#2 restart Origin.

Note if your download stops or dont start you nees to checked in Origin/Application Settings/Advanced/Safe Mod Downloading-checked Enable Safe Mod Downloading and do not forget make sure you are the administrator, run the setup file Origin with Admin rights and restart Origin.

Greetings

@yahel_1

I am just a gamer wich trying to help another gamer.
I do not work for EA.

Spoiler
Constantly updating drivers is a good way to Mess'up the whole system. ""Don't fixit with it if it ain't broken!
My Opinion is no more important or right than yours.- Ask, and it shall be given you.

Retired champion.
Message 2 of 6 (271 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@kamader22 Are you updated to 1.67? To check, open the game launcher and look in the left hand corner. The digits there should read 1.67 - if they don't, download the super patch here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Current-Patch-1-67-Manual-links-and-more/td-p/67858

Message 3 of 6 (258 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you for your help; it is much appreciated. I will try this, & let you know if it works.

Message 4 of 6 (246 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm pretty sure I'm updated to 1.67, but I will check anyway. The launcher does keep telling me that I have all the current updates. Thank you for your help. I will let you know when I check the updates.Confusedmileyhappy:

Message 5 of 6 (245 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@kamader22 how is it going? Standard smile

Message 6 of 6 (237 Views)