Re: Sims 3 Installing ERROR: Please use the Sims 3 launcher to update your version of Sims 3 before installing this product. (Sims 3 into the future)

by roberta591

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 3 Installing ERROR: Please use the Sims 3 launcher to update your version of Sims 3 before installing this product. (Sims 3 into the future)

★★ Novice

I having real problems trying to install the Sims 3 into the future I keep getting the same ERROR:Please use the Sims launcher to update your version of the Sims 3 before installing this product,but when I go to the Sims 3 launcher it says my game is up to date?

I have try patch downloads, uninstalling base game and Sims 3 into the future and trying to unistall Sims manually which messed up Sims 3 so I had to install it again can someone tell me how you fix this ERROR.

HELP!

Message 1 of 16 (4,784 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 3 Installing ERROR: Please use the Sims 3 launcher to update your version of Sims 3 before installing this product. (Sims 3 into the future)

Hero

Then update your game as posted on the last page.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 13 of 16 (1,786 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Try downloading the patch manually here:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Patch-1-63/td-p/67858/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 16 (4,744 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks For the Help but i have tryed to download a patch link before and when i did that sims 3 and sims 3 into the future won't start.

@crinrict wrote:

Message 3 of 16 (4,741 Views)

Hero

You need the patch to install ITF.

What problem where you facing exactly ? Any error messages ? What's your OS ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 16 (4,739 Views)

★★ Novice

error: Plase use the sims 3 launcher to update the sims 3 before installing this proudct.

OS; Windows 7

Origin 

Message 5 of 16 (4,745 Views)

Hero (Retired)

What is the version of the base game now?

Message 6 of 16 (4,742 Views)

★★ Novice

I don't know

@roberta591 wrote:

What is the version of the base game now?

Message 7 of 16 (4,727 Views)

Hero

It shows in the lower left coner of your launcher

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 16 (4,723 Views)

★ Novice

I happen to have the same problem, but my message to update my launcher shows up over and over again. So what I do is update the launcher, then I open the launcher again and it says, would you like to update? It is REALLY frustrating I and if you could answer this in the simplest way possible, that would be amazing, 

Thanks!

Message 9 of 16 (4,602 Views)

Hero

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 16 (4,597 Views)