Sims 3 Has Stopped Working-and yes, I’ve tried everything

by chioma45

Original Post

Sims 3 Has Stopped Working-and yes, I’ve tried everything

★★★ Newbie

Before anyone sends me the “have you tried restarting, doing the DEP exclusion, deleting mods” etc., yes. I have tried all of that. I’ve been playing thos game for 6 years on the same conputer and haven’t had any problems playing with mods before. And I also have CCleaner, and the sims 3 dashboard. NOTHING in my mods folder is corrupted, and I have more space on my computer than ever, being that I mass deleted a ton of old files on my laptop a week ago. Yet I can only get a good two minutes into the gameplay (if i’m lucky), before I receive the same “The sims 3 has stopped working, windows is trying to find a solution” message. Absolutely nothing at all is working, and I’ve tried the DEP program exemption MULTIPLE times. And no, it doesn’t work even when i click “run without custom content” as an option. Does anyone have any other ideas, aside from the same 3 solutions everyone seems to have for this widescale problem? I’m getting a little desperate here! 

Message 1 of 2 (242 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Has Stopped Working-and yes, I’ve tried everything

@chioma45  Removing your mods didn't work, but did you try pulling your entire TS3 game folder out of Documents?  Something else in that folder might be corrupted.  Whether you can play for a while in a brand-new save in a clean folder will help narrow down the source of the issue.

In the meantime, it would be helpful if you could run a dxdiag and attach the results to a post here (use the Browse button).  And please also list the packs you have installed.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (231 Views)