Sims 3 Game Not Launching through Origin, bypass does not work

by Siukingbon

Original Post

Sims 3 Game Not Launching through Origin, bypass does not work

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I'm having difficulty launching the game after I downloaded and installed the game through Origin. I'm currently on a 64-bit Windows 8 computer. I don't use any anti-virus and have a clean install on Windows 8 with updated OS and GPU drivers

When using Origin, I click on the orange "Play" button that you can see when hovering over the game icon. When I click that button the box disappears and a loading circle appears next to my mouse cursor as if it is loading something and then nothing happens. 

When I go through to my C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin file to try to bypass Origin, regardless of what I do (changing OS compatability, running as admin, etc) TS3.exe and TS3W.exe files just reopen Origin when I try to open them. So this method doesn't work either.

I've removed Origin and kept the C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin files and tried running the TS3.exe and TS3W.exe without Origin installed and it gives me an error saying the "There is no app that can open this type of link (origin)" meaning that these .exe's do not directly run Sims, but run through Origin. 

I tried reinstalling Origin and Sims 3 but the same problem still occurs. 

I searched around and can't seem to find anyone with the exact same problem, anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this? 

Message 1 of 5 (3,852 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Game Not Launching through Origin, bypass does not work

Hero

When you say no antivirus, I do assume that includes no bitdefender on your computer either, right ?

It does seem that nowadays the bypassing doesn't work so easily anymore.

I did see that you posted on that thread with others with the issue. There's some tips linked on the first page that helped others. Did you try them all ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (3,798 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yeah, I don't have any form of antivirus on my computer since its a fresh install of Windows 8.

None of the tips do anything for me when I try them.

My event viewer log displays an error when I try to manually run the TS3W.exe file

Faulting application name: Sims3LauncherW.exe, version: 0.2.0.190, time stamp: 0x50653b54
Faulting module name: mscorwks.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x504a8316
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0043486a
Faulting process id: 0xf0c
Faulting application start time: 0x01ce9a0e8cbeedc5
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\Sims3LauncherW.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\mscorwks.dll
Report Id: ca6ebd83-0601-11e3-be9d-7ce9d3c75a8b
Faulting package full name:

as well as the TS3.exe 

Faulting application name: Sims3LauncherW.exe, version: 0.2.0.190, time stamp: 0x50653b54
Faulting module name: mscorwks.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x504a8316
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0043486a
Faulting process id: 0x17e8
Faulting application start time: 0x01ce9a0eb1ecc963
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\Sims3LauncherW.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\mscorwks.dll
Report Id: ef9bfcc6-0601-11e3-be9d-7ce9d3c75a8b
Faulting package full name:

From the looks of it, the Sims3LauncherW.exe is the thing that's having the main issue here, the mscorwks.dll module is probably giving an error because it's missing some sort of association with a required user profile? I'm still looking for a fix, poking around the interwebs, hopefully something works. 

Message 3 of 5 (3,789 Views)

Hero

You can also try posting at the official forums. More tech savy people there.

I really have no clue why some people get that issue and others don't.

Hopefully you'll find a solution.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (3,760 Views)

★★★ Newbie

shut down your computer.take out sims.put it  back in,and have fun

Message 5 of 5 (3,054 Views)