Sims 3 Game Launcher Script error

by revnoir

Original Post

Sims 3 Game Launcher Script error

★ Novice

My launcher doesn't seem to want to let me play the Sims 3, and I've been led to believe that a script error message reading the following:

An error has occurred in the script on this page.

Line:    104

Char:   3

Error:   Expected identifier, string or number

Code:  0

URL: http://launcherapi.thesims3.com/launcher/home.html?launcherLocale=en_US&launcherCountry=US&var=logge...

Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?

Yes                                                 No

has caused my problems because my launcher only started acting up after this error started to pop up. It appears every time I open the launcher, and at first the game would stay on a black screen with the spinning blue ring icon for a pointer, but for that short time I'd only need to restart my computer for it to work almost always after that, but only once before I had to restart that process. Now, three days afterwards, the launcher stayed on that black screen no matter how many times I restart my computer. I managed to fix the problem but only to be able to open it once. I closed it afterwards, and now there's a different problem. I downloaded Sims from Steam, and it worked perfectly for about three months or so until this pop up came along. Now, whenever I say Yes for the pop up, and try starting my game, it will come up with a "The Sims 3 Has Stopped Working" error. Most of the time if I were to press No on the error, it would go back to the same black screen as before, and if not that it would have the same error as if I clicked Yes. I've tried fixing it the same way as before - by TroubleShooting the Compatibility through the Task Manager but now it wont fix. I've spent almost the whole day trying to find some way to fix the game, but I've found nothing. 

Please help. :womansad:

Message 1 of 1 (987 Views)