Re: Sims 3 - Fails to Load Properly upon Launch

by roberta591

Original Post

Sims 3 - Fails to Load Properly upon Launch

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Some people have encountered issues in which the game(s) load as a plain black screen. Well, I've encountered a similar issue, but I believe the problem is that it's trying to load into fullscreen (as it should by default) and failed. This resulted in the game loading less of a fullscreen, but more like a windowed borderless window, as things like the Windows Taskbar are still visible. Kind of like other situations like this, it results in the game failing to load graphics. Some mention that it doesn't load anything past the Maxis logo. For me, nothing shows up other than the "Loading" Cursor in TS3. How do I fix this issue?

For anyone that needs to know what packs (expansions, stuff, etc.) I have, I have the base game (The Sims 3), Late Night, and High-End Loft Stuff. Basically, I bought the Starter Pack on Origin, which had these three items. I do have a few mods, too, but I know they're not causing this as they've worked before, many times.

Message 1 of 2 (310 Views)

Re: Sims 3 - Fails to Load Properly upon Launch

Hero (Retired)

@MegaMixStudios Corrupt user data is the most common cause preventing the game from starting. If you have a pc try the reset to factory - link - reset game to factory  This will tell you if the user data or the game core files are causing the issue.  If the game starts there is something in the user data that is improper or corrupt.

Message 2 of 2 (288 Views)