Sims 3 Expansions and Stuff Packs not showing up in Origin or In Game

by Ravens_Embrace

Original Post

Re: Sims 3 Expansions and Stuff Packs not showing up in Origin or In Game

@Ravens_Embrace  That's actually very good advice... for a completely different issue.  (It helps a lot of mac users who have neglected to delete the hidden library files after uninstalling TS3.  But that's obviously not you.)  I'm not sure why someone won't just look at your account and tell you whether the missing packs have in fact been blocked or removed, thereby explaining their absence in your account.

Do you still have the codes corresponding to your packs?  It might be helpful to ask a CS rep to look up the codes and confirm what happened to them.  Even if you don't have the inserts anymore, the codes would still be in the registry of your old computer, provided that you didn't clean them out.  Here's how to find them:

https://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2013/09/how-to-find-your-serial-number.html

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 11 of 16 (305 Views)

★★★ Novice

I asked him to take a look and see, and all I got was 'Oh your account is blocked? Why would it be blocked?' and I was like 'NO! I have heard from others that sometimes accounts get blocked due to fraudulent codes but during the sweep, legitimate accounts were blocked as well. Can you tell me if mine was one of them please?' It was a vicious cycle of repeating. Also, like I told him, yeah, great advice, if it weren't for the fact that this is a BRAND NEW computer and NEVER had Origin or Sims installed on it until now! *sigh* I would have the codes, but sadly my hard copy discs are unobtainable at the moment (breakup, waiting on a lawsuit to go through on October 3rd so that I can get my belongings, etc, LONG story). I did not clean out the registry, I did delete Origin though....hmm....going to have to look into that in the morning. It's my moms computer, so she's on it right now and I can't go kicking her off it. One of the reasons for the new computer and re-downloading everything. She swears it was Origin and Sims crashing her computer all the time, but she's still having issues even with it removed, I think it's all the stupid stuff she watches on those sketchy sites without proper malware and virus protection. LOL

Message 12 of 16 (301 Views)

@Ravens_Embrace  When you contact CS again, it may help to link a post from an official EA employee (if you're using the live chat option) so that the rep has a better idea of what might be going on with your account.  This post basically assumes that people with this issue bought bad codes, but it does describe what you're seeing.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Sims-3-expansions-missing/m-p/6085793#M222711

You can say to the rep that your account is working but you suspect that some of your purchased content has been removed or deactivated, and you need someone to check your codes, and this is the (only) EA-sanctioned approach to solving this issue.  If I were dealing with the same thing, when navigating the help site I'd select Sims 3 > Missing content > Had content and lost it, but if that's what you've already tried, I'd mix it up—maybe try Manage my account > Find missing game.  That way, you might get a different tier of advisors than you've dealt with so far.

Message 13 of 16 (289 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Well, it doesn't seem to be just me. A friend of mine logged into her Origin, and she had EVERY expansion (bought through Origin too, not bought in-store) except for 2 or 3 packs. There are several not showing up on her end. So I am wondering if this is a thing since the latest update???

Message 14 of 16 (287 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Ravens_Embrace  This probably happens for several reasons, or no reason at all; I don't think anyone outside a few people at EA can tell what's going on.  When the first batch of bad codes was deactivated, it took a week or two for players to figure out what was going on, as the company was not particularly forthcoming.  It may be that another purge of codes happened, and you account was caught up in the chaos.  But whatever the reason, the only way to fix it is to find some way to get a CS rep to look at your codes and account details.  Origin doesn't have any mechanism to convey this information, and as I said before, even the EA community managers that show up on these boards don't have access to your account.

Message 15 of 16 (278 Views)

★★★ Novice

Noted and done. Yeah I will try to contact them again tomorrow. Tired of the run around though, this customer service is the most wretched I swear.

Message 16 of 16 (275 Views)