Re: Sims 3 Expansion Packs won't install

by jeweliette

Original Post

Sims 3 Expansion Packs won't install

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

So I got the Sims 3 base game & World Adventures & Late Night expansion packs about 2-3 years ago and they installed perfectly. I recently bought the Generations pack and it would get to a certain point in the installation where it would say something like 'Error (cycle redundancy check)" something along those lines. I tried everything to get it to work but it just wouldn't so I decided to buy the Pets pack and it did the exact same thing. It was too late for me to take it back so I even more recently bought the Showtime pack but it installed perfectly. Today I looked up again how to install the packs that weren't working and it said to uninstall the other packs then reinstall them in the order they came out. So I uninstalled all of my expansion packs and reinstalled World adventures then went onto install Late night, generations, pets & showtime and they all came up with the 'Error (cycle Redundancy check)" thing. I went onto the origin or ea thing I don't remember which and redeemed the codes for all of which weren't working and went onto the 'my games' part of origin that it told me to go to, and it only said I had installed the Sims 3 and now it doesn't come up with any of the games I redeemed and I can't find them anywhere. It also says that I'm not connected to the internet on origin and when I press 'go online' it says it can't be connected. My internet is connected but origin isn't working. Moral of the story is how do I get all of my expansion packs to work properly so I can finally play them? And why does origin say I have no internet connection when I do? Sorry this is so long haha thanks Standard smile

Message 1 of 3 (1,693 Views)

★★★★ Guide

They had some server issues yesterday, so if you were doing some of that on that day that could have been part of the problem.

First of all, make sure Origin is correctly installed and up-to-date.

If you want to run the games off Origin as download versions you would need to make sure all the disc versions are uninstalled. Then download and install them all through Origin. If you have redeemed all the serial codes and they are not showing up under your My Games section, you will need to contact Customer Support.

Message 2 of 3 (1,676 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Message 3 of 3 (1,653 Views)