Re: Sims 3 Error: Unable to connect to origin

by crinrict

Original Post

Sims 3 Error: Unable to connect to origin

★★★ Newbie

I have tried everything. I have disabled AVG, turned off firewall, downloaded and installed the superpatch. Moved my two files to my desktop. everything that is suggested! I don't understand what the heck is going on. But i paid money for seasons and it is making me sick to my stomach.

Message 1 of 6 (2,368 Views)
Highlighted

Hero

Does 'everything' include the stuff here ?

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Unable-to-connect-with-origin/td-p/186744/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (2,327 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes!

Message 3 of 6 (2,315 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I uninstalled and tried to reinstall. It let me install the base game and now it wont let me install any of my expansion. if it connected to origin to download the base game why can't i download the expansions? i have updated with the manual patch.

Message 4 of 6 (2,314 Views)

★★ Novice

So if it is a server error on EA side what will they do about this common issue..?

Message 5 of 6 (2,296 Views)

Hero

Do you get an error message while downloading ?

Check the folder in programs\Origin\Sims3 (or programs(x86)\Origin\Sims3) if you find any install folders or files. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (2,291 Views)