Sims 3 ERROR MESSAGE "No disc found please insert...." at main menu in game

by 117483

Original Post

Sims 3 ERROR MESSAGE "No disc found please insert...." at main menu in game

★★★ Newbie

So a friend and me decided to download eachothers expansion packs' I have the Sims 3, supernatural, generations installed. I wanted to install the seasons. I understand that I need the newer disc to play. So I redeemed my code on Origin and sims3.com for Seasons. And installed the game to my computer.  I am now able to play without using a disc. HOWEVER, when I am at the main menu in the game. (when you choose your towns)  it says "no disc found please insert Sims 3 seasons to continue. I thought the whole point of me downloading and redeeming my code was to be able to play without a disc? How do I fix this? I just want to play the Sims 3 without the Sims 3  seasons disc and still having the expansion pack installed. PLEASE HELP.

Message 1 of 4 (2,842 Views)

Re: Sims 3 ERROR MESSAGE "No disc found please insert...." at main menu in game

Hero

Did you ever install Seasons from the disk before or just the download version ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (2,835 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i have it downloaded from the disc and from online.

Message 3 of 4 (2,829 Views)

Hero

So did you uninstall the disk version before downloading it from online ? It does sound like the game thinks that the disk version is still installed.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (2,824 Views)