Sims 3 ELEVATORS floor jump PROBLEM

by AlexTorrance

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 3 ELEVATORS floor jump PROBLEM

★★★ Novice

PLEASE HELP!! I'm going crazy with the elevators in the house that I'm building. I need it to skip 1 floor which is just 1 step of a staircase high (kinda like a foundation). So there's one in the basement and another one on the "second floor". I can't place the shaft cause sims won't be able to use it, I'm trying to use markers such as the floor jump marker and the public room marker (since I saw these inside the elevators of the skyscrapers of Bridgeport) but nothing worked. Can anyone explain me what an I doing wrong? There must be a way to make markers work since they work for the huge floor jump of the buildings in Bridgeport!

Message 1 of 3 (1,098 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 3 ELEVATORS floor jump PROBLEM

★★★ Novice
Hey Puzzlezaddict I just found out the solution. Apparently I just had to put flooring on the 1 step high floor and place the shaft there with the moveobjects on cheat and apparently it worked. I couldn't even see the shaft intersecting while the elevator opened

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (1,078 Views)

All Replies

@AlexTorrance  Honestly, I myself have no idea how to do this.  I've never tried to build an apartment, and I'm not very good at building in general, anyway.  I asked around a bit, but so far, no one has replied with a solution.

Maybe someone else will have an idea of how to help you, but in the meantime, you could ask on the official Sims forums.  The Sims 3 section still has a number of active builders, and I'm sure there will be a couple of people who can offer you some guidance.  You could ask in general discussion or in the Builders section of the Creative Corner.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/general-discussion-en

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/builders

New members can't start their own threads, so if you don't find one that you feel comfortable posting in, let me know and I can start one for you.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (1,082 Views)

★★★ Novice
Hey Puzzlezaddict I just found out the solution. Apparently I just had to put flooring on the 1 step high floor and place the shaft there with the moveobjects on cheat and apparently it worked. I couldn't even see the shaft intersecting while the elevator opened
Message 3 of 3 (1,079 Views)