Re: Sims 3 Debug Error on Mac

by crinrict

Original Post

Sims 3 Debug Error on Mac

★★ Novice

Whenever I try to play it has the Maxis loading screen and then it turns black and crashes. The message it reads is:

Exception Raised

Unhandled page fault on read access to 0x00000004 at address 0x00e55dad.
Do you wish to debug it ?"

What should I do to fix this? Please help!

Message 1 of 7 (20,777 Views)

Hero

See if you find anything that helps in here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Links-to-Mac-help-threads-and-guides/m-p/749664#U749664

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (20,590 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Try following the steps for a factory reset to see if the game itself works.  The steps for doing one on a Mac are in the link Crin posted above, but I'll go ahead and copy/paste them here too: 

(http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Links-to-Mac-help-threads-and-guides/m-p/749664  --written by Bluebellflora)

"- The first step to trying to figure out how to get your game working again is to try a new game, without any CC, mods, saves etc. This will help figure out if your install is dodgy or you have corrupted data. Doing this is simple, open your Documents folder then open the Electronic Arts folder. You will see one folder in there called The Sims 3. Drag this to the desktop. DO NOT DELETE IT. This folder holds all your game data like downloaded content, saves and everything precious to your game.
- Now, fire up your game (it regenerates the folder you just moved) and see if you can play with a new Sim in a new world. Make sure you open CAS and make sure you try out Build/Buy mode. Try playing for at least an hour or so. If that works then the installed game and EPs/SPs is fairly stable so the issue lies somewhere within the folder you moved out."  

Message 3 of 7 (20,583 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This did not work. THERE IS NO SIMS FILE. IT WAS DOWLOADED WITH ORIGIN SO THE FILE IS IN THERE. I TRY TO OPEN IT ON ORIGIN AND A DEBUG PAGE OPENS AND WHETHER OR NOT I CLICK YES OR NO. THANKS FOR THE "HELP"

Message 4 of 7 (10,321 Views)

@soccerballofsad this topic is 3 years old. Try leaving your own post at The Sims Mac forums: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/bd-p/The-Sims-Mac 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 5 of 7 (10,318 Views)

★ Novice
Hey i'm having this problem now too. I just finally started to play again after a year but i couldnt find anything to fix it even when it gives me the option of "yes" to debug whatever it is. it'll just close the launch page and open origin even if i clicked "no" so i just click play sims 3 again and press start to ignore the pop up :/ i'm able to play
Message 6 of 7 (7,515 Views)

★ Novice

thank you so much!!!!!! you just fixed my game & saved my life!!!!!!

Message 7 of 7 (5,996 Views)