Sims 3 Crashing Problems

by 4341513

Original Post

Sims 3 Crashing Problems

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Sims 3 pets been crashing on me too like it said it has problem, and I have a windows 10 PRO and here is all of the information. 

Is there any problem with it?

Current Date/Time: Friday, May 24, 2019, 12:56:28 PM

Computer Name: DESKTOP- 77BC7B4

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 17763)

Language: English

System Manufacturer: Dell Inc. 

System Model: OptiPlex 390

BIOS: Default System BIOS

Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G850 @ 2.90GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.9GHz

Memory: 4096MB RAM 

Page file: 3110MB used, 1842MB available 

DirectX Version: DirectX 12

Message 1 of 2 (595 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Crashing Problems

@4341513  I split your comment into its own thread because the previous thread was quite old.

Your computer doesn't have enough RAM to properly run Pets.  You have 4 GB total installed, and Windows 10 will take a significant part of that for itself.  With Pets installed, Sims 3 may need to use close 3 GB or more just by itself, so there's not enough to go around.

I can't see whether you have a dedicated graphics card, but if you don't, or if it's not strong enough, that would put even more demands on the system memory.  Pets is the most demanding Sims 3 pack, and it really does require a dedicated card to render all the animals.  An integrated graphics chip borrows from main memory (RAM) to do its processing, which is already in short supply.  Plus, it's not built to be able to process all the data coming in from the game, so you might see graphics glitches or even freezing when certain animals appear on screen.

I'm sorry, but I think there's probably not a way to run Sims 3 plus Pets on this computer.  If you want me to look for other potential problems, you can run a dxdiag and attach it to a post here.  But even if everything else is fine, you're probably still going to have a hard time running the game, and you'll get freezes and crashes no matter what you do.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (587 Views)