Sims 3 Crashes, saving failure,bugs caused by improper installation?

by loveless1129

Original Post

Sims 3 Crashes, saving failure,bugs caused by improper installation?

★ Novice

My game has several issues:

It crashes frequently. 

It has constant saving failure.(Mostly Error code 12 and could not be solved by using "save as..." )

It also freezes from time to time.

Some of the sims just disappear in the game. They exist but they turn into Mr. and Ms. Invisible.

And also a lot of uncountable bugs. 

I have Late Night and Supernatural expansion pack and I use a PC to play it ( Window 7). 

I contacted the game technicians several times but obviously none of their suggestions sovled anything. Just FYI, I followed their suggestions to solve the problem by clearing the caches, reinstalling the whole game manually... but still, the bugs and problems remain. And then one of the staff informed me that all the problems may be caused by improper installation. I installed the whole game from Origin and I really have no idea how to fix the thing. I had no expectation and the game still let me down by not even performing in the right way. 

Another FYI, no problems appeared before when I used the disc to install the game and also I've tried to use Origin to install the Generation expansion pack before, no problems appeared. (That was a few years ago.) But now my game has so many problems that I can't play without frustration. Please tell me how to fix it.

Message 1 of 2 (85 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Crashes, saving failure,bugs caused by improper installation?

Hero (Retired)

Look at this: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/ISSUE-Savegame-Corruption/td-p/968290

Could you post your dxdiag please? ttp://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/HOW-TO-DxDiag-for-Sims-3-PC-Only/m-p/1049584/thread-id/47181

There are also a couple of things here which could help you: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/READ-FIRST-Known-issues-guides-and-FAQs/td-p/227274

Message 2 of 2 (80 Views)