Re: Sims 3: Cannot Connect to origin

by Castlerea123

Original Post

Sims 3: Cannot Connect to origin

★ Novice

I have recently downloaded my sims games through origin. I have had these games for years and have had no problem with them but then I misplaced the disks and digitally downloaded them. My sims account and origin are synced which is how I was able to download the games but my sims 3 launcher is telling me that it is unable to connect to origin. What does that mean? I sign in with the exact same info. I've tried to start the game without opening the launcher but it takes me back to it anyway. I am really at a loss with what to do. I've been googling this problem for hours and nothing helps. It has nothing to do with my anti-virus or anything. It's frustrating to have had these games for so long and now suddenly I cannot play them. Please tell me what's going on! Thank you.  

Message 1 of 5 (248 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have had this problem before and I can't remember what I did to fix it however I will help you in any way possible. Have you downloaded {sims-related/not} that may have affected it? If so, try deleting that or clearing the Origin Cache.

Message 2 of 5 (236 Views)

★★★ Novice

Try opening origin, it may need to update, then it should connect, it worked for me last time I got that error.

Message 3 of 5 (231 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I've only downloaded Sims 3 and 3 ep since I've had the problem

And origin updated when I redownloaded it

Message 4 of 5 (215 Views)

★ Novice

UPDATE: I tried uninstalling my EPs and found out that seasons was my problem. The game runs fine without it being installed. Any ideas what's wrong with it? I just got it and I would really love to play. These problems are really annoying.

Message 5 of 5 (207 Views)