Sims 3: Can't Switch Active Household

by deineHasi

Original Post

Sims 3: Can't Switch Active Household

★ Apprentice

Very recently, my Sim game has been glitching ever since I purchased Showtime. Sims started disappearing--the icon box would turn green and they would become invisible--so I downloaded the Travelor and ErrorTrap mods. Everything seemed to work just find until I decided to make another Sim. I created the Sim and made her the active household. I attempted to switch back to my original family, but every time I do it returns to the new Sim I created.

I attempted to evict the family, but it won't let me place the family in any house nor will it let me merge households. I also tried switching active households with other Sims, but this hasn't worked either. I've seen one or two incompleted threads with this same issue. Any ideas?

Message 1 of 20 (1,659 Views)

Re: Sims 3: Can't Switch Active Household

★ Apprentice

A new development: my new Sim adopted a kitten but the kitten never arrived. :catsad:

Message 2 of 20 (1,646 Views)

Hero

What exactly happens when you try to switch ? Do you get an infitie loading screen ? Does the tick stay grey or do you mean that it loads the new family although you clicked the old one ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 20 (1,639 Views)

★ Apprentice

I click "Switch Active Household" of the house I wish to play, it loads, however my view immediately returns to the family I was just playing as though I had chosen them. So, I'm playing House A, click House B as the active household, the game loads, then returns me to House A.

Message 4 of 20 (1,636 Views)

Hero

Does the same happen in a new game if you start one for testing purposes ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 20 (1,632 Views)

★ Apprentice

I just tested this. Oddly, I can switch households in other towns (I tested Hidden Springs). I currently have the two families in Barnacle Bay.

Message 6 of 20 (1,628 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello Standard smile

Have you tried uninstalling Showtime and then installing it again?

If that doesnt work then try this:

Ctrl Shift C - resetsim (full name)

Message 7 of 20 (1,621 Views)

★ Apprentice

If I uninstalled Showtime and attempted to insall it again, wouldn't that restart my files? I've never had to do this before so I don't know how to approach it.

Also, oddly enough, the kitten finally showed up! :catvery-happy:

Message 8 of 20 (1,614 Views)

★ Apprentice

Another incredibly strange update: all of my Sims have disappeared. My game seems to have restarted itself in spite of all my saves still in their folders. :catmad:

Message 9 of 20 (1,601 Views)

Hero

Create a new game with a weird name and see if it gets saved to the same folder as your other savegames.

Do the worlds you've played the games in still show in the launcher ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 20 (1,597 Views)