Simpoints items will not load, game will not open without crashing

by vrcl92

Original Post

Simpoints items will not load, game will not open without crashing

★★★ Newbie

I bought some simpoints for the first time tonight and bought a few things in the store... Some of it downloaded as soon as I bought it, and some just won't. And they're from the same category (if that makes a difference) --- I bought 4 shirts, and 2 downloaded and installed no problem and the others don't even react when I click the download button from my purchase history section. 

Sometimes the Game Launcher says "download error {0}" and sometimes absolutely nothing happens. I just sit looking at the download screen and nothing new shows up. 

I've updated my mac/google chrome, my sims 3 game is up to date (just installed it today), I've downloaded origins, I've restarted everything a few times, tried downloaded with the disk in the mac and out of it... 

Is there a way I can get some kind of refund? Can you refund virtual items? I'd really like my money back for those simpoints that were totally worthless!

AND the game doesn't even load without crashing! I haven't even played it yet! I even tried uninstalling the few items that did download and it made no difference. Really frustrating. 

Message 1 of 2 (158 Views)

Re: Simpoints items will not load, game will not open without crashing

★★★ Newbie

i had the same problem.today is the 1st time i bought something online,i usually dont buy stuff online coz i know people usually have problems to the stuff they bought online.anyhow, i bought simpoints bundle ( 1k++ points + monte vista ) that cost me around $38. Due to my frustration that i couldn't find sim cash card in any part of the world,and yes i travel to (new york,chicago,london,germany,japan,uae,australia) just to find this cash card but alas i failed....so i decided to try the online purchase in the sims store.without any hassle,from the store they deducted my bank the said amount as fast as the bullet train in japan,i got the sim points (just got added to my remaining points) and i manage to download the monte vista in addition to my game.i was so happy that i saw that the download was successfully completed,but when i tried to close the download dashboard from my game,it got frozen.so i restart my computer and re-open my sims.But then the nightmare comes,i couldn't open my sims game anymore...whenever i try to open it there is a message saying " UNABLE TO START THE GAME. SERVICE INITIALIZATION FAILED (0x065d0274 )" pissed off big time!!! after all the sleepless night just to find this effin cashcard and sims university i feel like i wanna burn someone's house!!! can someone atleast try to help us before i kill someone else's dog! urgh...if im not that just addicted to this game (playing this for more than 15yrs) i wouldn't just waste my time and money for this!!! 

Message 2 of 2 (146 Views)