Re: Sim can't quit job

by WillowXRed2Head

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sim can't quit job

★★★ Novice

Hello everyone,

So recently my main sim changed career paths to the music industry, and I cannot get her to quit. I have tried using the cheat to make her quit, ringing up on the phone to quit and even deleting the building where her job is located (I put it back when it didn't work).

I don't have any mods, and this is the first time I've had this problem. It comes up with the notification she has quit her job, but when I go to the career panel it still says she has it. She can go to work and everything, and I've tried levelling up her career which worked but I still couldn't quit. Does anybody know how I can fix this, because I really don't want to create a new main sim again Confusedmileysad:

Message 1 of 9 (42,372 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero (Retired)

have you tried  and see if they can quit the job  then with one of these steps 

1 go to edit town move the sim out and back in 

2 edit town save a copy of the sim to the library delete the clipboard image and move the one you just saved to the library back in

3 start a new game and place a copy of the sim into a new game the one saved to the libiary

View in thread

Message 4 of 9 (49,541 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

Only found this so far: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/213368.page

What is your operating system?

Going to search some more...

Message 2 of 9 (42,360 Views)

★★★ Novice

My operating system is windows 8, and I've had no such luck with finding a solution so far, so I probably will end up contacting EA if I can't fix it.

Message 3 of 9 (42,356 Views)

Hero (Retired)

have you tried  and see if they can quit the job  then with one of these steps 

1 go to edit town move the sim out and back in 

2 edit town save a copy of the sim to the library delete the clipboard image and move the one you just saved to the library back in

3 start a new game and place a copy of the sim into a new game the one saved to the libiary

Message 4 of 9 (49,542 Views)

★★★ Novice

I was able to get the sim to quit the job in a new game Confusedmileyhappy:

Message 5 of 9 (42,348 Views)

Hero (Retired)

may i say WOOT  Standard smile  happy for you Standard smile

Message 6 of 9 (42,345 Views)

★★★ Newbie

One solution is, if you go to the library on The Sims 4, click on one of their computers, click career and quit job, It works! Standard smile

Message 7 of 9 (41,183 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Howwww?
Message 8 of 9 (37,542 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hello,

1. Click any computer

2. Click Career

3. Click Quit Job

I have done this myself in Sims 4. This is how you would quit a job. You can get another job by following the same steps or you can click the "suitcase" and click "Join a Career".

*Note: I used a computer that is within my sims home.

Hope this helps.

Message 9 of 9 (25,308 Views)