Serial code already in use?

by BigLittleTenor

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Serial code already in use?

★ Novice

I was snooping around in my cousin's spare room (not a good idea, but hey) and I came across an old copy of the Sims 3 and the Sims 3 Ambitions. I figured that since it had been in there collecting dust for quite some time I would try playing it, but as my computer doesn't have a CD Drive, I'd have to use the serial code on the manual. Everything was going well; I set up my account, installed Origin and went to activate the code, however it turns out that the code has already been used. Bummer. It was a bit disappointing, even though it was a long shot anyway. The thing is, she said she hasn't played the game in donkey's years, so it's a shame that a perfectly good game isn't being used. So with that being said, is there at all any possible way that you can "revoke" a serial code or something for a different user? 

Message 1 of 6 (1,026 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Serial code already in use?

[ Edited ]

@BigLittleTenor  No, sorry, once a code is registered, it can't be removed, or transferred to another account.  EA doesn't make exceptions for this kind of thing.

If you have Origin Access, you can play the Sims 3 base game, Late Night, and High-End Loft Stuff for free, at least as long as your subscription is active.  Otherwise, you'd need to buy your own copy in order to play.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (1,000 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]

@BigLittleTenor  No, sorry, once a code is registered, it can't be removed, or transferred to another account.  EA doesn't make exceptions for this kind of thing.

If you have Origin Access, you can play the Sims 3 base game, Late Night, and High-End Loft Stuff for free, at least as long as your subscription is active.  Otherwise, you'd need to buy your own copy in order to play.

Message 2 of 6 (1,001 Views)

★ Novice

Ah okay, that's cool! I didn't think it would be the case anyway, but it's always better to check! Thanks for the fast response Standard smile

Message 3 of 6 (992 Views)

★★★ Newbie
What is a serial code that works for sims 3
Message 4 of 6 (875 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, I actually did buy the game myself a really long time ago. I used to play it with an xbox I no longer have. I want to play it in my pc that doesn't have a cd player and when I enter the serial code, it says it's already been used. Can I not play the game at all even when it's actually mine and I bought it myself?

Message 5 of 6 (648 Views)

@paulita84  Is this an XBox code, or one for PC?  Console codes for Sims 3 don't transfer to PC, at least as far as I know.  If you do have a PC code, perhaps you already registered it, either in Origin or on the old Sims 3 site ( www.thesims3.com or store.thesims3.com ).  In that case, you'd just need to login to Origin with that same username and password, and the game would be in your library, from where you could download it for free.

Message 6 of 6 (624 Views)