Re: Serial Code will not register at the Sims 3 site.

by alliehue

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Serial Code will not register at the Sims 3 site.

★★ Novice

I want to register the game at the Sims 3 site...the serial code in the list at my Origin account does not work.  

I have tried two ways, 1) copy paste, and  2) typing it in. Neither works and the error reads  "The serial code you entered is invalid. Please enter a valid serial code and re-submit."

The games I have are: The Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Town Life Stuff, Pets, and Seasons and everything prior to Seasons i had no trouble with at Origin (The Sims 3 base game was purchased in real life as well as Latenight and Generations...i have those DVDs). The rest were purchased and downloaded via Origin.

my OS is: Win 7 64bit and my computer is not 1 year old yet...if you need to know that.

I don't know what to do, i am beside myself. 
Message 1 of 6 (4,935 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

Do you see the season badges on your myPage ? I mean the achievements you can do ? If so, the game is properly registered. The seasons icon is not showing up for most of us. Mine was there and then it disappeared.

If you can download the limited edition stuff and the registration bonuses, your good to go. Don't worry about the icon not showing up on your mypage. EA is working on that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (5,121 Views)

All Replies

Hero

See if this helps you

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Invalid-and-Used-Serial-Codes-amp-Games-not-showing-up-in/td...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (4,903 Views)

★★ Novice

What is strange with Seasons and Origin for me this time, I never received an Email with the 20-digit serial code. I only received the 16-digit code for the free items.  I had to go to Origin specifically to locate the 20-digit serial code or the one in question here.

All of the other games that I purchased via Origin, I did receive the proper serial code in email and they are showing on my games page within the Sims 3 site.  

I can play the game, but it does not show up at the Sims 3 Site within the My Page in My accounts.

I did read  your reply and I did contact Customer Support and yet I still have no answer to my delimma. I thank you for you time.

Last thoughts: Sorry If this has been re-asked as after I left my problem I found that same site you referred me to, though still no answer there either.

Message 3 of 6 (4,900 Views)

Hero

Do you see the season badges on your myPage ? I mean the achievements you can do ? If so, the game is properly registered. The seasons icon is not showing up for most of us. Mine was there and then it disappeared.

If you can download the limited edition stuff and the registration bonuses, your good to go. Don't worry about the icon not showing up on your mypage. EA is working on that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (5,122 Views)

★★ Novice

Yeah, I didn't know what you were talking about, i had to open that page, but yeah, there are achievements that include snow so I am guessing yes.  =)

Thank you for your patience. Merry Chistmas to you as well.

Message 5 of 6 (4,888 Views)

★★★ Newbie

okay so if you enter the code on origin you must then

go to sims wedsite.... check out store .... check out my account ..... login and reddem free points wooo so game is registered .....but seriously EA this system sucks and is ridiculously flawed ... what a pain in my bum with the lack of support and forums offering ridiculous answers.... i spent FIVE HOURS trouble shooting origin connection problems ANSWER: make sure time and date are correct SERIOUSLY i called the support line and didn't get this answer!! lucky i randomly found it whilst reading forums

Message 6 of 6 (4,576 Views)