Re: Script Error (Syntax) - Sims 3 Launcher

by deadhearts666

Original Post

Script Error (Syntax) - Sims 3 Launcher

★★ Novice

Hi,

When I click onto Sims 3 launcher a box pops up with the heading 'Script Error'. It then shows within the box that I have a Syntax Error, Line 18 and comes up with a link http://store.thesims3.com/api/user/balance?locale=en_GB&callback=updateBalanceCallBack. If I click yes to carry on running scripts Sims 3 starts but shortly after it becomes un-respondent and breaks down. I've looked on many forums on this and alot of people have this issue let it's remained unsolved.

If you could help with this matter it would be great I'd love to play the game without fear of it breaking down.

Thank you!

Message 1 of 13 (12,060 Views)

Hero

I think those are just about the ads. I get them from time to time. Have you tried to to click NOT continue running the scripts ?

Do you want to install something or just start the game ? If you wanna play the game, you can bypass the launcher by double clicking on the file ts3w.exe file in programs\thesims3\game\bin

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 13 (11,990 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

I've been having this same problem as well, also when I play the game it the whole game freezes and I can't even Esc out of it. When I turn off the power button and it comes beck on, the launcher pops up and it has that error. I've been having this error quite often, I'd like to play Supernatural but I keep getting this error. I'm afraid if I disable the launcher then I will only be able to play just the game that I put in, not all the games I have with it. Can someone help, or make a patch for this? Standard smile

Message 3 of 13 (11,305 Views)

Hero

Try bypassing the launcher to start the game to see if the issue persists: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps/m-p/714#U714 (scroll down to the appropriate paragraph)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 13 (11,303 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have a similar problem, but when I try to bypass the launcher, I can't find the file. There is a TS3.ex file, but it doesn't open when I make it into a shortcut on the desktop. I may be missing an upgrade, but with everything going wonky I can't get upgrades to install.

Message 5 of 13 (11,258 Views)

Hero

Try the manual patch linked here:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Patch-1-39/td-p/67858/

If you don't have the ts3w.exe, use the superpatch.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 13 (11,255 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Had a little bit of a hiccup (forgot to uninstall the mod before patching) but it's working fine now. The script error still comes up, but I just press no and everything's fine.

Message 7 of 13 (11,246 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Jeg tror godt jeg ved hvorfor den gør det??. Hai i måske poseplayer eller animation player eller de der ting er det måske derfor for da jeg fik det kom den der scriptfejl også?? :D

Message 8 of 13 (7,707 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm getting the Syntax error as well. I press no and all is well. I still have to do a disk cleanup more often and the errors are a pain. What can be done?

Message 9 of 13 (6,341 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having this problem too. After the 5-10 minutes it takes to load the game, I get about 30 seconds into it (if I get to the game at all) then it crashes. I finally bite the bullet and buy myself this fancy expensive computer that can support all the games I play, PLUS all the money I dropped on re-buying all the Sims expansions, then of course the game lets me down. All I can find about this issue is forum threads from 2-4 years ago, so if that exact problem still exists after 4 years, that doesn't aspire much hope. That, and the fact that everyone who DOES respond, responds with how they get the error but they just ignore it and it doesn't effect their game. This is really annoying. I haven't been able to play my game in weeks. They've gotten a lot of business from myself and every other Simmer, the least they can do is give us a working game. We need this fixed.

Message 10 of 13 (5,763 Views)